Italeri 1/35 Panther A, Grossdeutschland 1944

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Stikpusher

Italeri 1/35 Panther A, Grossdeutschland 1944

Post by Stikpusher »

So this is the Italeri Panther A that I started last year and just finished up yesterday. I did add some Aber PE screen and ring sight for the TC's AA MG, plus some Dnepro Models clear resin periscopes to fill the empty voids where they should be on this kit. Decals are the kit markings Stowage is from my spares bin, and the camouflage colors are Tamiya Dark Yellow, with Model Master enamels Red Brown and Olive Green. I based the paint scheme off of a couple of photos and some color profiles of Grossdeutschland Division Panthers during summer 1944 fighting in East Prussia and the Baltic States area.

I left the hatches open, as I have some crew figures that I'm working on to place in those. I will take and post a few more photos when they are completed.
Thanks for looking, comments and critiques are welcomed ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Italeri 1/35 Panther A, Grossdeutschland 1944

Post by keavdog »

Turned out great stik. Love the weathering and muddy bucket. Great finish.
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Awesome work Stik!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

O'la la, Carlos. Tres chic!
I absolutely dig that faded three tone camo with its soft transitions. The textured surface makes it look even more worn and battled.
You make that Italeri kit look like it's from Takom / Border / Rye Field etc. - great job!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I echo what the others have said Carlos, that's a first class build. I really do love the way you mudded up the wheels and tracks on this one, it really sets off the three-tone camo.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you one and all for your very kind replies on this build! I tried a bit different approach to the weathering, and they worked out as hoped, for the most part...

I will be posting up some more photos once I have the crew figures that I'm currently working on all painted up.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Brilliant work Stik! The Panther is without a doubt my favorite of the German tanks in plastic.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Robert, I can’t say if the Panther is my favorite as well, but there is something quite attractive in its’ basic design. :wink:

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Great job on this Panther, Carlos! :shoutout: That looks mighty fine, sir! :bow:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Gary! I’m still working on painting up some crew figures for the beast. Painting faces is time consuming! :headslap:

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”