Button up anxiety

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Button up anxiety

Post by scorpiomikey »

I've finished the interior of my Catalina, and I've realised something. I have anxiety about closing up the fuselage.
Ive made enough mistakes closing up a fuselage over the years that im now hesitant to glue it up without sitting on it for a while. Bombers are worse than fighters, but ironically fighters are usually the ones where i make the most mistakes. Forgetting pieces, misalignment on long seams etc.
Has anyone else experienced this? Its such a weird feeling.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Button up anxiety

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Not so much for me since I try to avoid painting the interiors (areas behind the cockpit, etc...) of bombers and such - except cockpit areas. Bombers I usually build them bomb bay doors up.

One idea I’d like to build up a bomber in flight with bombs released.

However, I would love to get the visible B-17 Fortress and then it would be worth painting the interior in all its glory.

Too bad it didn’t include the crew figures - including the ball turrent figure.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Modeling Discussion”