Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire XIVe Conversion

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
jkim
Elite Member

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire XIVe Conversion

Post by jkim »

LyleW wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:55 am Wow, looking good on the mods. Been keeping up on FB, blad to see you back at the bench!
Thank you Lyle! The trip to Central Asia is always a high point of the year for me. The months of organizing and preparation, the actual trip itself and then the mental decompression and jetlag afterwards and going through all of my photos... it occupies most of my thoughts for a long period of time. I took about 4,000 photos, which I have to go through and process via Lightroom. From those 4,000, I post about a couple hundred on FB. And then I have to distill those to about 50-75 for a slideshow.

https://youtu.be/M6hVIJZMso8?si=VegIU27ftOH0gtjP (Religious in content so be forewarned!)

Stikpusher wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:47 am Oh I’m looking forward to seeing what comes next in the cockpit!

:popcorn:

Good to see your back on here and at the bench again John!
Thanks Carlos! Yeah, I'm excited to see how the cockpit is going to turn out. Really happy that Laminar Flow Design produced the cockpit details as they represent a major upgrade to many of the cockpit components, most notably that big electric box and throttle quadrant.

Medicman71 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:04 pm That's gonna be a really nice looking cockpit!

Welcome back John!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you Mike! It's good to be back and modeling again!

tempestjohnny wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:13 am Details details. Lots of great stuff happening in the cockpit
Thanks Johnny! Lots of great details, I agree. Gonna take a pause here as I'm awaiting some replacement parts from Laminar Flow Design including, hopefully, a 3D-printed instrument panel. In the meantime, I'm gonna spin up a new project, which you may like given your screen name!

John aka JKim
-----------<><
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Very nice. The Tempest II reminds me of a Sea Fury
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Great to see you back at this. Definitely miss watching your work come together. Incredible work on the cockpit walls.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”