Happy Victoria Day!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Happy Victoria Day!

Post by Stikpusher »

I had never heard of this holiday, nor knew what it was until last week, when I was told that we would be closed in honor of the date. I had to look it up. I suppose its closest equivalent in the USA would be Presidents' Day. But since I am now working for a Canada based company, I was told that I'd have today off because it is a national holiday in Canada, so... Happy Victoria Day!

PS we also get next Monday off for Memorial Day

:wink: :bye:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Happy Victoria Day!

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I’ve heard of Victoria Day in Canada. Heh…. Carlos getting both a Canadian and US holiday off… all within days apart. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Pretty good, eh? :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

That's interesting "company policy"!

I do work for Sweden but I do follow the local Belgian holiday schedules. And when my collegues back in Sweden are having some local day offs due to National holidays, I'm not free. :-(

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, all of our orders are processed thru the HQ in Toronto, so if those folks are off there, no orders some thru for us. Having the US holidays off is just the right thing to do for them. Of course they are not paid holidays, but I’m not complaining. 😉

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Otherwise known as may long weekend.
Got to go to the Comox airshow on Saturday. Saw a CF-18 in the flesh for the first time. And an EA-18 Growler. And the snowbirds. We drove up early thinking "we'll just stay for a couple of hours" next thing we know we're sun-burnt and the air-force boys are packing everything up lol. Its was a great day. Id post photos but i only had my phone and I didn't get any good shots. Plenty of good memories though.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds good Mikey! I saw a couple of CF-18s here at Luke AFB during their Open House & Air Show back in March. It looks like at least one passed thru a gunnery range before being put on display…

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Oooohh thats cool.
This is the one i got to see, and he put on a display routine.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

A video of some of his performance if youre interested (not mine)

https://youtu.be/e311YeXLO3c?si=6ZJLq1RjRWFqMu67
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s a beautiful bird there Mikey!

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”