1/48 Eduard 109G and another G and an E

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Re: 1/48 Eduard 109G and another G and an E

Post by Manny1943 »

Fermis wrote:
Manny1943 wrote: Answering the above question would be kinda nice and all...
Honestly, I think the issues are grossly over exaggerated. Scale-wise...it lines up almost exactly with the other "G's" that I have, maybe just a hairs breadth longer....non issue! As for the l/g angle...very simple fix (the E was the same way in that area). All the fiddliness was mostly my own fault, for attaching parts for painting (flaps, slats and whatnot) and not leaving good, solid areas for handling...having engines exposed only added to it, just because of the nature of em...not any fault in the designs, just how it is!
In the end, all the frustration I had is worth the resluts!
Good feedback...thanks...

So I guess you were happy with the Brassin resin as well?
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Manny1943 wrote: Good feedback...thanks...

Yes...it looks great. It was fiddly as all hell(engine)...but to get all those details, it kinda has to be!

One thing that bugged me about it all, was the differences in the pieces.
The PE set with the Profipack, had different pieces(shapes/locations) than the PE set with the brassin pit. The Brassin pit had different shapes/locations for parts than the kit supplied pit. Most of what was done with the Brassin pit could have very well been done with the plastic....which is what bugs me the most....and the reason that I know that I would not make it in the model business world. "We'll put out something that's OK...then offer (for a little more money), parts to make it a little better...then for even more money, we'll give em the correct parts". The a/m engine is one thing, I get that...but the differences in the pit... :scream:
wing_nut

Post by wing_nut »

As beautiful as ever femris

As far as the so horribly inaccurate Eduard G kit goes... I've seen lots built. And not once did i see anyone comment, "Damn nice Mustang."
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Those are three awesome looking 109s Fermis! Superb work!

So these Eduard 109G's then - supposed size issues aside (I wouldn't know if it was right or not anyway - it looks like a G to me) - If I wanted to get an nice looking G, to go with my Airfix E, that was a nice fun relaxing and above all rewarding build - would you recommend this kit?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
nathant
Advanced Member

Post by nathant »

Fermis wrote:
Manny1943 wrote: Good feedback...thanks...

Yes...it looks great. It was fiddly as all hell(engine)...but to get all those details, it kinda has to be!

One thing that bugged me about it all, was the differences in the pieces.
The PE set with the Profipack, had different pieces(shapes/locations) than the PE set with the brassin pit. The Brassin pit had different shapes/locations for parts than the kit supplied pit. Most of what was done with the Brassin pit could have very well been done with the plastic....which is what bugs me the most....and the reason that I know that I would not make it in the model business world. "We'll put out something that's OK...then offer (for a little more money), parts to make it a little better...then for even more money, we'll give em the correct parts". The a/m engine is one thing, I get that...but the differences in the pit... :scream:
Eduard is doing this alot lately, and it is putting me off! Making a sub-par plastic so folks will be more likely to buy the Brassin stuff. And lately with their re-boxes, such as the Academy Phantoms and Hasegawa Starfighters, they are adding less and less Brassin and Pe in the box, but still charging upwards of 80-90 bucks for the kit??!! :pod:

And I realize every person is different, but even looking at a wip of the Eduard G-6 online, I can see the wing span mistake, it looks like a Ta-152H to me.

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”