Esci 1/48 Mirage IIIEA

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Esci 1/48 Mirage IIIEA

Post by Stikpusher »

One Mirage deserves another. After looking at Kuefurst's Mirage IIIC I though that I would share this one.This is the late 70s vintage Esci Mirage IIIE kit that I modified into a IIIEA as flown in the Falklands/Malvinas War of 1982. I added the antennas peculiar to the Argentine version, some Magic rails and missiles pirated off of another kit, bashed some long range drop tanks together from my spares bin, added scratch detail to the inner portion of the afterburner, added scratch detail into the cockpit, and replaced the kit seat with a resin seat from a French company whose name escapes me at the moment. I used Aztec decals for the markings from their Falklands/Malvinas decal set ( a really great set if you're interested in that war and the planes that fought there). All my work was well referenced from a volume of "Wings Of Fame" article on Argentine Mirage and Dagger operations during the war.

Image\

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Handiabled
Master Member

Re: Esci 1/48 Mirage IIIEA

Post by Handiabled »

Beautiful build sir!!
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Ahhh, I remember this beauty, nice to see it again! Love that camo.
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
AIRFIXER
Advanced Member

Post by AIRFIXER »

I'm sensing a subtle tendency to vintage kits... ESCI.
Bringing back some good old memories from my early modeling days.

Another nice stinker. ;)
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Glad that you guys like it, either for the first time or seeing it again. K, I build so many older kits because many of them were the only game in town when I bought them, and nowadays money is too tight for me to replace them with the expensive newer kits. Like the ant in Aesop's fable, I built up a stash for when times are tough...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”