1/72 Fiat CR.42 (Swedish J11)

Post your completed aircraft here.
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

1/72 Fiat CR.42 (Swedish J11)

Post by VanceCrozier »

This one is the recent Italeri kit. Built up very nice, the only real issue I had was of my own doing, I allowed the upper wing to slip out of alignment as everything was being glued, throwing the strut attachment points off. Oddly enough, the kit decals came up short on the large white numbers for tail & cowl, so I changed the digits & pulled some from the spares. (I have a few more Swedish machines in the stash) Some reference pics also showed the wheel spats in red WITH the skis, so I couldn't resist going that route here. The same boxing also has a nightfighter option that had me really torn for which markings to go with.

Welcome to the Swedish Embassy...

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: 1/72 Fiat CR.42 (Swedish J11)

Post by KSaarni »

Very nice Fiat with very special ski-arrangement!

And great to see Swedish planes here as well !

This particular plane, the "9 - 8" was registered as civil plane in May 1945 SE-AOL, and was unfortunately scrapped couple of years later, in 1947.
(I have book of the Fiats in Swedish service, unfortunately could not find any single picture of this particular plane)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Thank you Kari! I enjoy building kits that are not usually built that often and Swedish sibjects don't seem to get much attention on my side of the Atlantic. They always have some interesting machines, and the markings are often fairly colourful. The larger ID numbers also catch my eye.
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Nice one Vance! Great paintwork.
ImageImageImageImageImage
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Thanks Borg - I even did the white-wash "the right way", pained the original camo first, sealed it up, added decals, sealed again, then over-sprayed the white! :D

Return to “Completed Builds”