Those what are building something.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Those what are building something.

Post by Duke Maddog »

So where are the rules? And is this a Shelf of Doom Group Build? If so I have about 18 models to add to this....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Mike
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay cool! Now I get it. I can join this. I have two New-in-Box kits I just got so that covers that. Now for the Shelf Of Doom kits, I have these:

First is a 1/72 scale F/A-18 Hornet that has been fighting me all this time. I've had to repaint this at least four times and replace the broken tail piece five times. It's the one that is missing again....

Next is another modern aircraft that I'd forgotten about until I started cleaning up and found it. I'd started this a couple years ago and put it aside. It's time to get this finished: it's the Tamiya F-35 in 1/72 scale:

Mind you, this is only the second Tamiya aircraft I've ever built...

Next is a commission build I really need to get started on again. All I have to do is mask the lower surfaces and paint the upper camouflage pattern; then I can move on to finish it. This is the ancient Airfix Handley Page Hampden in 1/72 scale:

While we are on the subject of WWII aircraft, I also have this 1/72 scale Italeri Me-110 Zestorer to finish up. It was a gift from a friend of mine and I really should get it done:

Additional prop planes I need to finish are these next two. First up is my 1/72 scale C-118 Liftmaster for the Cargo Haulers Campaign. I don't see myself finishing this in time for that so it'll have to go into the Second Chance campaign. I'm still trying to get a smooth enough coat on it for both the white and metallic coats of paint:

She's a big one too.

Another "horse" I need to finish is this 1/72 scale B-377 airliner. I'm still trying to get a smooth coat for it too:

The last two aircraft seem to be some small and simple models but they aren't. These are my two WWI aircraft I started for my Canvas Eagles game. The Revell 1/72 scale SE-5 was almost done, but then the wings and rigging all fell apart. In addition to that, I lost one of the horizontal stabilizers:

This next one could possibly go faster if I can get the decals colored in for the lozenge pattern underneath. Otherwise this Revell 1/72 scale Fokker D-VII would be further along:

Moving on now to my ground vehicles, I only have two. I put them in this one picture, but it shows my two UM Models 1/72 scale Russian Armored Trains that I still need to complete:

Next are my ships and boats....

First up on my ships and boats is this Airfix 1/72 scale RAF Rescue Launch. I just need to mask and paint this up before I can move on:

Next up is this Lindbergh kit of the President's Liner. I have a long way to go on this one:

Last ship I need to finish for the FSM Aircraft Carrier Group Build and our own Shipbuilder's Campaign is this Hobby Boss 1/700 scale Soviet Carrier Baku. I have the deck painted and clearcoated for the decals. Then after that I can add some more P/E and finish off the details:

I had an other boat to add to this but I just finished it so feel free to go check it out.

Finally, here's some things most people don't expect me to be building but I have started them anyway. These are the automobiles that have intrigued me and so I'm building them.

First is this Revell 1/24 scale Rebel Racer Corvette. I still need to get that body smoothed out and shot with another shiny red coat:

Here's another red car that I did and thankfully managed to get a nice smooth coat on this! Now all I need is to find the engine for this Revell 1/24 scale Monkeemobile:

Here's another crazy model I got from my brother's boss. It's the Revell 1/24 scale California Cruiser VW bus that I started to paint. I'm not doing the funky green color on this; rather I'm doing the white over blue color on the outside with a powder blue interior:

Finally there's a memory I'm building: the old 1/24 scale Mach 5 from Speed Racer! I got this painted white, and have done most of the interior. Time to move on with this one:

Last but not least, there is this 'horse' I also need to finish. This is the Monogram 1/72 scale Space Shuttle with Boosters. I have finally gotten a decent white on this and now I need to start masking it off and getting more detail paint on it:

Last edited by Duke Maddog on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

1/32 F-18C.....as if I had a reason....extra parts in the mail...
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ok I'll bite - I have a few builds I'd like to finish up first but once they're done I'll most likely build...

New kit - I've just got a Matchbox 1/72 Phantom FGR.2 kit.
Stash kit - mmmmmm not sure yet (what ever takes my fancy at the time).
SOD kits - This isn't too easy for me as I went through the SOD last year and either finished stuff OR binned it - so my SOD is empty. I do have a few part started kits in the stash though so I might see if I can progress them. The two that spring to mind are the Airfix 1/72 Tornado GR.1 (long term project) and Brengun 1/72 Hawker Typhoon mk.1a.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”