Essential tools

What you need to get started!
Stikpusher

Re: Essential tools

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:Would you recommend buying a starter tool kit from Bandai - the Mr. Super set - or is it more economical and wise to buy the basics separately? I like having a small box of essentials close at hand very much. My current situation is, well, modest is the word that comes to mind. When I needed a razor saw I had one person to ask for advice, so at least now I have the forum, all of you, and I could use advice. I would rather save and buy the kind of tools that will give me long life, consistent results and feel good to use than ones that sacrifice those qualities. Thanks in advance for your knowledge and time.

Bruce / speedgraflex
Speed ( l like that name... reminds me of my favorite childhood cartoon, Speed Racer... ) Any tools that you consider a good investment/bargain, is money well spent. You will need a knife, tweezers, files, etc. The rest is very much personal taste and choices down the modeling path that you take. you may or may not need a motor tool, more needle files, pin vise, etc. Any tools that you get that work, and last, and above all, are helpful, is money well spent.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Essential tools

Post by Thomas_M »

I would also suggest to get some sponge sanding sticks. Those are offered from Squadron, Alpha Abrasives, and the likes. Most should be available when browsing online shops. I also use some that are sold in drug stores! Check the dept. for nail polishing!

Return to “Tools”