Thoughts on Scalemates

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Thoughts on Scalemates

Post by Thomas_M »

Yikes!!!

Just noticed that there are about 855 items in my stash! Note to myself: must build more and way faster...
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote:Lol! Dare I ask? I know momma would be happy for me to thin the herd...
:giggles: The ES-3, Mitsubishi F-2A, EA-6B, E-2.........
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thomas_M wrote:Yikes!!!

Just noticed that there are about 855 items in my stash! Note to myself: must build more and way faster...
exactly.....
Medicman71 wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Lol! Dare I ask? I know momma would be happy for me to thin the herd...
:giggles: The ES-3, Mitsubishi F-2A, EA-6B, E-2.........
I'll have to think on those... :hmm: The Prowler and Hawkeye are off limits for certain....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

I am a Scalemater, too.

https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 38&p=stash

But, I am now an on again, off again sort of contributor.

I've repaired the Phantom and Skyhawk 1/72 timelines so many times, that I don't bother fixing things like that anymore.

I read the newsfeed, enter a kit now and then when I get one that isn't on there, and keep my Stash listings fairly close to up to date.

Things like actual kit lineages and such, I am going to just keep on my own pages,,,,,along with a second copy of my inventory. As helpful as Scalemates is,,,,,,,you can't use it for lists such as this http://z15.invisionfree.com/Hangar_Deck ... owtopic=38 .
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Where do you guys store all this stuff? I couldn't buy and hide one kit from my wife let alone over 100. I'm amazed. I'm waiting to see one of y'all featured on one of the hoarders TV shows.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

Can't speak for the others,,,,,but, I don't "buy and hide",,,,in fact, I buy less than what she sees at the shows.

And mine is all in the living room, her "home laptop" is right under my Skyrays, Panthers, Hornets and Hellcats, in fact. (I can see them from here)

She sits in between two of the finished model display cases. I model and paint in our former dining room, since we don't need that for that purpose anymore, and since it allows me to be within 15 feet of where she spends her off work hours. I have to be within earshot of her, due to her health.

There is a big difference between a collection and hoarding,,,,,,,,,and in a period of rising prices (my whole modeling lifetime) buying things today is always cheaper than buying the same thing later,,,,,,especially the hard to find items that go OOP on the day they were released.

That being said, I am in the process of taking the rare bits out of a bunch of the models that we bought only to get those items,,,,,,,,,and selling cheap or giving away the rest of the model.

I figure that the 208 finished models in my main theme are going to use parts or decals from about double that amount to finish them. (or about 416 to make 208)

And in our case,,,,,,,,,"restricted income" is fast approaching for both of us, instead of just me,,,so, finding a 1/72 Wild Weasel then is not going to be as easy as when I bought the ones that I have. (the Blue Box Hasegawa F-4G was OOP for about 25 years before it got re-popped, other kits never have been re-released)
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Where is my stash? Two places- in the garage on some shelves that I have there, and in moving boxes up in our bedroom upstairs. We have a large room, and those that were in a storage unit, were brought home in a cost cutting measure. Seeing how we rent and will be moving again in the not too distant future when I retire, keeping part boxed up makes sense. Moving the built collection will be the bigger challenge. But after my inventory on scalemates, I will be thinning the herd before then.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

My stash are in my cellar in 2 large plastic totes
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

All of my stash fits in my model room closet..........for now. :giggles:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I need to check this out. I have heard of Scalemates but never really explored the site. I think this might come in handy as a tool to help inventory my completed models especially. I might have some difficulty inventorying my stash as most of it is packed in moving boxes to place in storage when I can get storage. Carlos, at least you won't have to move as many finished models as I would. That is indeed going to be a big challenge for me!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”