Bell UH-1H 'Charlie Don't Surf' - Kitty Hawk 1/48

mostrich
Admin

Re: Bell UH-1H 'Charlie Don't Surf' - Kitty Hawk 1/48

Post by mostrich »

speedgraflex wrote:
When you wrote "molten sprue," do you mean "powdered sprue" or is there something I do not understand.
Bruce, as always thank you for your kind words! Well, regarding the Sprue Goo there actually is so little to understand that it's easy to complicate it, lol. You literally just throw some styrene into the TET and let it melt. I first started to scrape flakes off the sprues to enhance their surface and quicken the melting process. But that made them electrostatic and they went all sticky. So I got lazy and threw some parts of sprue in, just short enough to lay flat on the bottom of the bottle. Went to bed, woke up the next morning and - tadaaa! - a bottle half full of Sprue Goo.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you, Torben. What a true discovery! I’ll have to try that with Mr Cement to see how that turns out. I have some Eduard plastic from an Anton someplace that could be donated to the project.

I think your modifications here are pretty amazing — all the best!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:popcorn:

There's a lot on this kit over on the ARC forums where Floyd Werner is a member. Also if you haven't gotten this kit and want it, better start hunting for it. According to Kitty Hawk, they have no more left.

It's funny that they made this in 1/48. Kitty Hawk has an entire Black Hawk family coming out in 1/35. The Blackhawk, Pave Hawk, and Seahawk are all coming soon.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Whirlychopters”