1/700 Tamiya Scharnhorst

Here is the place to show off your completed ship products.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Re: 1/700 Tamiya Scharnhorst

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks guys.
Mark, I hope you're feeling better. I would like to go to Phonex but can't afford it. I will be taking it to SuperCon in Fort Worth in Sep though. I'm working on a 1/35 Hobby Boss Feisler Storch that I should be able to take as well.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Very nice,love the base
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Modelcrazy, I am feeling better. Here's an idea: Do you think splitting a hotel room three ways would help make the trip affordable? I got a friend staying with me, but we're getting a two-queen bed room. Plenty of room for two more.

Just a crazy idea. Good luck at the Supercon!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Mark, That sounded like a great idea, and workable. I check the dates and unfortunately I will be returning from Boise on July 31st. Dang it!
I'm going back to Boise for another visit in Sep and hopefully can make the Salt Lake City regional. Maybe I can pack something up to show there.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well, at least I tried. Have fun on your trips and stay safe and healthy. Looking forward to seeing more of your awards form the next few shows.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I showed the Scharnhorst at the Fort Worth IPMS SuperCon yesterday and she won 1st place. It going to go with me to Boise on Friday to hopefully show at the Salt Lake show on the 22nd. A guy at the Boise club said he would take it with him.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Congratulations! Well deserved—and great news that your model will be traveling to another contest! Keep us posted!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Congrats once again on a well-deserved award. Way to go man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Congrats on the win!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Completed Builds: Ships”