Revell '56 Ford F-100-COMPLETED PHOTOS!!!! 01/01

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Revell '56 Ford F-100 "Street Demons" series

Post by Stuart »

Loveing the colours on that plastic!

Looks like you're having fun - lots of bits floating in spcae. I'm sure you'll tie it all together though.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Owl and portman! I hear you on the parts floating around. Sometimes its a little hard to keep up with but I've seen worse so I try to keep that all in mind. Just lots of measurements and test fitting right now.

Ok fellas I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere here with this build! I've got the rear springs set into place with white glue just for test fitting and measurement purposes. I've got the axle just about where I want it. I may can lower it another teeny bit but it's around 1/4" lower than what it was right now. I've got the fabricated motor mount bosses glued into position also. The engine was still sitting at a weird angle even after motor mound mods so I added a transmission mount to the cross member which fixed the front high angle problem I was having out of the engine.

So far here are all the parts so far in white that have been added and/ or modified....

and here's a comparison from frame to frame on even levels where the rear end is supposed to be if I were to build it how I was supposed to and where it is currently on this build. Now I just have to clean up and narrow the rear end to move the tires inward. :bored:

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's looking a lot better - nice work on the conversion!

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks portman! I hope to have another update pretty soon. God only knows I've been working my butt off on it lately!! :whistle:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

mustang1989 wrote:Thanks portman! I hope to have another update pretty soon. God only knows I've been working my butt off on it lately!! :whistle:
You do seem pretty busy it has to be said!

mustang1989

Revell 56 Ford F-100 ---Frame & rear suspension 3-28

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok I figured after a week of very slow progress and this morning with a bit more progress that I would post some pictures. All of this has proven to be a lot more tedious than I originally thought but I think it's going to pay off.........................................eventually. I've been working on paint this week so half of that time has been spent on other things like getting the wheels to fit the front AM tires and smoothing out the two piece rear tires (this all boiled down to money folks-I could have just bought another kit with one piece tires in it or gone AM with this but I've already exceeded the budget BIG TIME with this build so if it aint paint related stuff I'm buying then it aint gonna happen) and drilling the holes out in the Draglite wheels. I did manage to narrow the rear end and get a couple of pieces glued on to the frame though.

Here's the difference after removing some off of the differential mounting pads. I think we're going to be ok in the "lowering department".

and then the difference before and after with the ....two piece tires?????.........never before have I seen a model with two piece tires before or after this kit but I like the size and width of the rear tires so I used them. The front tires are aftermarket AMT pieces and the wheels (Weld Draglites--my favorite) are from Competetion Resins.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I looks like all your hard work has paid off - it looks great!

Those wheels look good too!

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks portman! I moved on to more engine bay test fitting. I test fitted the carberators and air horns on top of the engine this morning in addition to prepping and priming the front suspension parts. I've got the exhaust mostly figured out so that's all but in the bag. I'm about ready to start the engine build up I think.
As a reminder, the truck body you see here will NOT be used except for test fitting and mock ups.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Boy howdy, this is nice! Looks like another go-fast is on its way. :outtahere:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lyle!! But I think it needs nitrous. Must....................have...........................nitrous!!!!

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”