Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -2nd Completed

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, that is looking good! What a great model that is!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Wow, that is looking good! What a great model that is!
Mark, it really is a beautiful kit. The detail is top notch. But as is typical for Dragon, I found myself more than once asking why did they mold this is such manner and not in a different way. No worries though, everything fits as it should as long as you don't rush it and take the time to look ahead at how it is supposed to look in the next step.

So off we go to the next steps.

Turret completed, except for the guns and sight which I will add after painting.

And then I built the trailer base

and with the turret on the trailer base

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That's gonna look really nice when it's finished!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Blacksheep. Now comes the hard part... which shade of OD to use... lol!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I remember seeing that quad gun in the Waterworld movie. Cool to see one modelled.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's going great 'guns' ( :headslap: ) Stik - it's a nice looking build.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Borg and Stuart, thanks for looking in and commenting. I never saw Waterworld, although I have seen these quads in plenty of other movies.

Since this is a :quotes: "multi media" kit, I am aiming to get some primer on in the next day or so. Perhaps even the base coat of OD if the gods smile upon me... :lashed:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well since PB is up to its' usual stupid antics, I am goon have to do this in stages. I absolutely hate the site via anything but the phone app. And since I have two accounts that just really makes the computer absolutely refuse to co operate in a timely manner. I do hope the people who run that site get long painful illnesses...

anyways I'll lead off with my second bit of work today. I decided to resurrect an old sidelined F-86 project as one of the "shelf of doom/sidelined" GAABSA builds. This kit was started at least a good six plus years ago, and mostly built. But then sidelined due to problems in getting the NMF applied. When I airbrushed on some Xtracolor Duraluminum, I did not stir it enough and ended up with flecks of pigment fragments in the finish. These things were the size of salt and pepper grains so there was no smoothness at all in certain areas. As well as some large runs or other paint mishaps. So today I spent a couple of hours polishing off the offending painted areas.

Well once I did that, I cleaned up some seam filling work along the fuselage spine... gel CA which also polishes up mirror smooth for the NMF when done properly, and I decided to open up a couple of scoops on the airframe

and I'll be back shortly with the update on my M55 quad

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

M55 update... I airbrushed on a coat of Humbrol Primer onto this little beast today.

It felt good to be back at the bench...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent Carlos! Man, you're making me itch to get back to my bench; and I just had a two-day bench run. Fantastic work on those models, that F-86 is incredibly shiny!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”