The Love Bug Rides Again

KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: The Love Bug Rides Again

Post by KSaarni »

That is a nice kit and a nice subject !

One of those kits I have always wanted to build, but have never been able to buy the kit..
Might be that changes after following your build Lyle !

My cousins family had in the 70's a number of different Beetles, have spent some time in the "not-so-comfortable" backseat in those Beetles.. Of course, as kid they were ok.. but..

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

KSaarni wrote:
My cousins family had in the 70's a number of different Beetles, have spent some time in the "not-so-comfortable" backseat in those Beetles.. Of course, as kid they were ok.. but..

- Kari
I caught that!!!! :lol:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote:That looks like fun. I may do the same!
Please do! I’d love to have some company!

I’ve had two over the years. Great little cars and fun to run around in. One of them I bought from my brother. He had it while he was in college. We went to schools about 25 miles apart Arne he would take me back after weekends. He and his fiancé were in the front...guess who was in the back?

Also just heard that VW is finally ceasing production of the Beetle in Mexico. Somewhat sad. When I was in Mexico City, the Bug was the taxi if choice, it seemed. Most had the passenger seat removed for the comfort of the fare.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

LyleW wrote: I’ve had two over the years. Great little cars and fun to run around in.
Do you have any pictures of those beetles ? Would be nice to see!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

sadly, no. One was a '70 that I got from my brother. It was yellow. The other I don't remember the year, but it was white. A funny (to me) story on the white one. I bought a Dodge Ram p/u years ago from a shyster dealer. Traded the white one in on it. Told them it ran, which it did. I started it. However, the clutch cable had rusted through and it would not move, so they had to tow it from our house.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

LyleW wrote:[
the clutch cable had rusted through and it would not move, so they had to tow it from our house.
Poor Beetle... :sad:

- Kari
---
On the bench:

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yeah, I don't recall why we stopped driving it. But it was pretty sad when traded. Lot of rust. Would not mind having one again from the 70s.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

HERBIE!!!!!

Excellent choice Lyle! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I know my birthday has passed, but if anyone wants to get a late gift.....

https://barnfinds.com/932-original-mile ... UuuLpIE64Q
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

After I posted this, I read the comments attached to the listing. Rivet counters are everywhere....

Return to “Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB”