One left!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
steve scan

Re: One left!

Post by steve scan »

Heartfelt condolences Mike.
Getting an education was a bit like getting a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs, then you had the urge to pass it on
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Thanks for the kind words guys.
She was laid to rest at 2pm Friday afternoon.
Margaret Hester Thornhill -nee Connet -nee Dixon.
3 January 1931 - 12 August 2014
Gran was married twice, her first husband, my grandfather(William), died in 1996 from an aneurism in his stomach (heavy smoker for 40+ years, doctors couldn't get the vessel lining to close without tearing).
Her second husband Eric Thornhill is still alive and mostly well. They married in 1998 after meeting on the dance floor.
I had no idea how much this man loved my Gran until i saw him being helped to the coffin. The look on his face broke my heart.
He said to my Mum before the service "I just want to walk in front of a bus" He had no idea how to carry on without her.
Over the last few days, being surrounded by his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, also his extended family, he seems to have come right. Hes still sad, but he seems to be doing better.
Dont cry for the life you lost, smile for the life they lived.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Your last thought is spot on! Just gather round him, love him and support him.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Free Discussion”