Revell 1/24 Porsche RS-60: Don Wester, Monterey Racing Team

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/24 Porsche RS-60: Don Wester, Monterey Racing T

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Keep up the fire Bruce! Your enthusiasm is contagious!

This is so true!

Thank you for that awesome post. I find that when I have a set place to put unfinished models when I set them aside, I don't feel as if I'm "abandoning" them, just keeping them close enough to start on later. Another idea way to think about it is I'm "putting them to bed" for a while and when I'm ready to "wake them up" I take them down and get more done on them. Unfortunately, some models have been "sleeping" for quite some time! :bag:

That might help you feel a little less like you're giving up on them or something. I hope that helps.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos, Duke, Joe, John and Torben,

Just off the top, you are all such incredibly kind, supportive and attentive. One of the reasons I joined was due to the manner you approach your subjects, I almost want to write that your approaches are more critical than the subjects, but I know that is not quite right. I think of “approach” as the second leg of the race (the first is “selection,” which includes kit, aftermarket and tools), the final leg of the race is “creation,” which is what receives the most appreciation here on SPA Modeler, which is why I dig being here, to see the progression, the way everyone thinks about issues—what stresses people out is very different—plus, I really do appreciate the international formation of modelers here. Er, please do not attempt to diagram that last sentence...
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, we each have our own approach to this hobby. And each is as valid as the next guy’s approach. Aftermarket that costs more than the kit, using stuff only from the spares bin or scratch built, or straight from the box, it’s all good. We all do it our own way for our own reasons. I’m happy to have met you here and that you have become such an active member.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Well, we each have our own approach to this hobby. And each is as valid as the next guy’s approach. Aftermarket that costs more than the kit, using stuff only from the spares bin or scratch built, or straight from the box, it’s all good. We all do it our own way for our own reasons. I’m happy to have met you here and that you have become such an active member.

:that: I couldn't have said it better myself, especially that last sentence.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos and Mark,

Likewise. Truly. Humbly grateful and excited. I received a box of fiddly bits from Paul Fisher of Fisher Model and Pattern yesterday! I am over the moon. Paul designed and built full size replacements for an RSK owner: “I actually made full size windscreens for a guy who owned Behra's F2 RSK, did a few sets of headlight covers for him too.” That statement by Paul still bakes my noodle. That is serious fabrication pedigree, and no wonder he makes incredible models of cars and planes—and definitely puts him on my personal radar for a kit someday. What Paul pulled from his spares for me are seats, steering wheel, dashboards, exhaust pipes and as a total surprise bonus he added the interior framing as well.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh now THAT is sweet!!!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:Oh now THAT is sweet!!!!!
Yes!!! Even the details in the instrument cluster are registered. Honestly that is incredible skill!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

What an incredible bonus from such a talented man. Bruce, you have some of the most incredible connections man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke,

Paul Fisher is a prince! I wrote him out of the blue and he answered. My success record is usually one win to every three communication attempts. Some folks are too busy to answer, some don’t care to answer and the ones who do are amazing. Fisher is outstanding. He actually cares. Plus, his work is amazing. I do not receive commissions either! He makes products in 1/72, too. These are for the Heller kit:

http://www.fishermodels.com/product/l64 ... -props-172
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now a guy like that deserves all the business he can get.

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”