Revell 1/24 Porsche RS-60: Don Wester, Monterey Racing Team

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: Revell 1/24 Porsche RS-60: Don Wester, Monterey Racing T

Post by mustang1989 »

speedgraflex wrote:Carlos and Mark,

Likewise. Truly. Humbly grateful and excited. I received a box of fiddly bits from Paul Fisher of Fisher Model and Pattern yesterday! I am over the moon. Paul designed and built full size replacements for an RSK owner: “I actually made full size windscreens for a guy who owned Behra's F2 RSK, did a few sets of headlight covers for him too.” That statement by Paul still bakes my noodle. That is serious fabrication pedigree, and no wonder he makes incredible models of cars and planes—and definitely puts him on my personal radar for a kit someday. What Paul pulled from his spares for me are seats, steering wheel, dashboards, exhaust pipes and as a total surprise bonus he added the interior framing as well.

Now THAT...........................is what I'M talkin' about!!!! SCORE!!!!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Joe, absolutely!! That was a good day! Now I have ask myself, “How m’I gonna modify the above to fit inside the interior...” The instrument cluster and steering wheel post will fit the existing dash once I remove the kit section. I wonder if I should slot in a small section or span as much of the width as possible to give the resin a larger support. I’m grateful Paul provided two sections to give me a way to try out more ideas. TGIF!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I had a reply to my email for assistance from Michael Ortmann, Autoteileversand, Modelle und Slotcars today. He manufactures replacements for Revell slot cars, and I need replacements.

Porsche RS-60

Lotus 23

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Nice one Bruce - So are you actually building these as slot cars?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

portman wrote:Nice one Bruce - So are you actually building these as slot cars?
Yes, absolutely, mate! Although there is gonna be less of chance that the Porsche will hit the track. I was thinking of you earlier. My very first plane model was a Sopwith Camel, and today I have two Camels en route from Wingnut Wings. British planes! What’s next? An Airfix Spitfire? We shall see! The reason I picked up the Camels now was to avoid the invariable sold out status of Wingnut kitsets.

British Badassery : Aircraft Edition

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Are you going with a full interior for this or just where the driver sits Bruce?
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

mustang1989 wrote:Are you going with a full interior for this or just where the driver sits Bruce?
Good question, Joe! I plan to open up as much as possible for the interior—including potentially removing the section that is covered, which will give me good reason to use parts of both seats, dashboard, steering column and driver.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

speedgraflex wrote:
portman wrote:Nice one Bruce - So are you actually building these as slot cars?
Yes, absolutely, mate! Although there is gonna be less of chance that the Porsche will hit the track. I was thinking of you earlier. My very first plane model was a Sopwith Camel, and today I have two Camels en route from Wingnut Wings. British planes! What’s next? An Airfix Spitfire? We shall see! The reason I picked up the Camels now was to avoid the invariable sold out status of Wingnut kitsets.

British Badassery : Aircraft Edition

Great looking trio that!

That's cool that they're still going to be track worthy, building my own slot car is something I've always wanted to do - Will be following with interest.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I have to work out how to create the illusion of depth and still keep the interior components off the motor. I do not think this motor has been fired up in many years, either, so I have some cleanup and maintenance to do. I hope to get started again with perhaps clear styrene holding the driver in a standard tray with boxing around the engine itself... or maybe a clear tray which contours over the “hump” of the engine itself... here is a vintage example of a custom made 1/24 fiberglass body shell which embraces the visible motor:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:I have to work out how to create the illusion of depth and still keep the interior components off the motor. I do not think this motor has been fired up in many years, either, so I have some cleanup and maintenance to do. I hope to get started again with perhaps clear styrene holding the driver in a standard tray with boxing around the engine itself... or maybe a clear tray which contours over the “hump” of the engine itself... here is a vintage example of a custom made 1/24 fiberglass body shell which embraces the visible motor:
Here we talk of some serious, I repeat, some serious scratchbuilding!

Luckily no risk running out of popcorn and soda!

:popcorn:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”