Revell 1/32 Me 109G from 1990

LyleW
Admin

Re: Revell 1/32 Me 109G from 1990

Post by LyleW »

Okay, a question for y'all, or all y'all. This kit just gives general color call outs, like dark green, etc. I know the cockpit was generally RLM 66 and that is what I have sprayed it with. Would anyone have any pictures of the side walls of the cockpit? The kit supplies two pieces that are separate from the fuselage. I'd like to do a bit of detail, not much because my crayons are not sharp. Here is the instruction section....

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

found some that will likely do the trick.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Here Lyle, you can find some good color references in here:

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/84143.pdf
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you for the picture, Bruce. I think I saw that one. I never get tired of looking at cockpit pictures. Something about all those buttons and things. This kit is a passive aggressive one, or I'm a klutz. I remember why I don't like the "action, moveable control surfaces" feature. One of the hinge pieces simply evaporated on the elevator. No biggie since i'm going to pose the control surfaces, but still. For now the tailwheel is safe, as it is a separate piece!

I do feel like I'm simply going through the motions, though. I guess it is because I can't breath because my nose is stopped up and my ears are pretty much closed up. Guess a doc visit may be in order.

Cut masks for the wheel hubs and taped off the rivet detail, hoping to save it whilst dealing with the seam. I feel like Eyore today.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very Cool!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Walking away for a short while as I try to figure out how to get the landing sticks back in th groovy little holders for that ever popular ACTION feature. I took my time on assembly, taped them in position, cemented the piece that holds them. Took th3 tape off one side and the gear came with it. I cannot see how to get it back in place without some cutting at this point. No, having an in flight isn’t really an option as the gear doors are laughably undersized. Think not even close to filling the opening.

Fuselage and wings fit pretty well, so I am hesitant to apply the hammer. I have to retreat and thin’about it.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:hmm: put it on a base on it's belly - bend the props... instant crash dio! I'll send you one of my Spitfire to hang over it!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Always a thought! :whistle:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Would you be able to take photos of instructions? Is it possible to add a support piece?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”