AMT Constrction Bulldozer 1/25

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

Re: AMT Constrction Bulldozer 1/25

Post by LyleW »

mustang1989 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:41 pm Lookin' good so far Lyle!! I'm looking forward to seeing how much you dirty 'er up. :shoutout: :shoutout:
Me, too! I have no real idea how 'm going to do it. I have pictures in my addled old brain, though.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Lyle, the main issue with the kit tracks is the grousers, the part that sticks down in to the ground when that part of the track is underneath, they are much thicker than scale.

I saw a you tube build of this kit and the fellow had problems getting the fan and fan shroud to play nice, not sure if it was him or the kit.

Here are some photos of a tired D8K, same as the one you are building except for a little more horsepower. After that the 66A D9 I built the racetrack with, with my 10 or so year old granddaughter on the tracks.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, I guess the tracks will have to do. Interesting that they made the groupers too big. I really like those pics!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This has been cool to watch. I got a few more ideas on how I can improve my 1/72 scale D-7
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

jeaton01 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:34 pm Lyle, the main issue with the kit tracks is the grousers, the part that sticks down in to the ground when that part of the track is underneath, they are much thicker than scale.

I saw a you tube build of this kit and the fellow had problems getting the fan and fan shroud to play nice, not sure if it was him or the kit.

Here are some photos of a tired D8K, same as the one you are building except for a little more horsepower. After that the 66A D9 I built the racetrack with, with my 10 or so year old granddaughter on the tracks.

Man, those pics should be invaluable for anyone building a 'dozer model. They give one so many great weathering ideas and demonstrate just what a hard working machine that brute truly is. It looks like so many others I've been around. The shot of the driver's seat, with the visible wiring in that console, should please any super-detailer. And, I love how the tracks look in the very last photo, John! That pic, in the bright sunlight, is just super; and that's a cute granddaughter as well, sir! :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I've been slowly plugging away at this (see "The Funk Continues for why). The joys of using the Tamiya Extra Thin cement have helped out a lot as I've used it to dissolve more than a few connections to correct them. Some of the crappiest instructions, ever, for placement, etc. But you can correct a lot with that cement.

Today, we fixed some isues with the blade connections and have t hat ready to add to t he body.

And, today is track assembly day. I don't know how you guys do those for armor. Sheesh. .These are not too bad, though. Smap together pretty easily.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s starting to take a recognizable shape now Lyle. Keep at it! As far as tracks go, I feel your pain… :whiteflag:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

From what I've heard about the other brands, and styles, these are not too bad. There are 42 on each side. I am getting closer to the paint stage, but t here are a couple omore assemblies to do.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

42 links per side is not bad at all…. That’s less than half of one side of the last two tracked AFVs that I did.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I thought I remembered more on those.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”