Hobby Boss 1/48 Me 262A-1a/U3

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Hobby Boss 1/48 Me 262A-1a/U3

Post by Fermis »

Looking great! :kissing:
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Awesome build !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Looks fantastic so far!
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

That looks fantastic. :yikes:

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
wing_nut

Post by wing_nut »

mostrich wrote:Thanks for your input, Thomas. After my first Alclad session I cleaned my Triplex with Isopropyl Alcohol and it worked well. Think I'll stick with it cause I can get it for free. :winkgrin:

Now what happend over the last weeks? I want to show a late war plane with unprimered inner surfaces, so I gave the wheel bays a coat of Alclad aluminium. Used Gunze black primer as base coat but should have thinned it a bit more. Came out quite rough and so the Alclad looks grainy, too. But for a dirty wheel well it's ok I think.

Fuselage is closed by now. I cut off the scissor link on the front gear strut (not there on late 262's) and cut the whole strut in two. So I can glue the upper part in place before closing the fuselage like it's stated in the instructions by avoiding snapping off the whole thing during future handling. Luckily there was a sinkhole in the center of the strut, so I can later put a piece of wire in it to allow a stable connection.

The cockpit is nearly finished, only the yellow emergency release lever for the canopy is to be added and the Revi, of course.

Nice interior work.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Thank you Gentleman, very obliging.

The U3 is the only version (until now), where Hobby Boss moulded the nose directly to the fuselage. I guess to simplify the fitting of the camera duct covers. Nice touch, but HB armed the scout with three cannons where at most was one (only a few had the center mounted cannon). So I had to fill these two holes.
Compressor and exhaust cones of the engines were painted with Vallejo steel and toned down with some Tamiya smoke.

At the moment she's in the drying box to let the black primer cure over night. Looking mean, I tell ya!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thats super work!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Interesting... :kitty:

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”