FM 1/72 Bf109K-4,9JG 77 White 1, Düsseldorf, Germany, 1945.

speedgraflex

Re: FM 1/72 Bf109K-4,9JG 77 White 1, Düsseldorf, Germany, 19

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke—I send both best wishes for the holidays and best of luck with your projects!!! I thank you for your kind words tonight!
:bow:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

You are most welcome Bruce. I pray you find work quickly and that next year is the year we finally meet up.

Just a note for planning purposes: Pasadena Valleycon is on March 1st next year at the Pasadena convention center. It's also my birthday. It would be a wonderful birthday present to meet you at Valleycon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Duke! Sounds like a plan.

It is inevitable you hit where you just grind along, and the level of masochism involved in cutting a mask for the spiral as well as hand painting the spiral led to disappointing results. I will see what happens next. I may simply touch up the edges a bit both white and black. What I do like is the off-white color from the white layer quite a bit. I don’t want to completely age that to match the very old off-white aged spinner in the example John posted a few steps back (reference frame one of the collage) but I do want to make both black and white colors stand out as though painted on a polished metal surface and not look like a decal draped over the surface, so I hope to be able to create a painted edge which is crisp enough to stand my own scrutiny and approach a scale effect. Being able to modulate by using a #0 Floquil brush was very important to me, though, so my disappointments are mixed.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is actually looking real good! Very nicely done Bruce!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Bruce I commend you on this. My attempts at making my own spiral masks have not been anywhere close to what you've done
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

It's looking good Bruce. Trying to do that freehand is a headache.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

This is looking good. Spiral looks sot on!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:That is actually looking real good! Very nicely done Bruce!
:P1:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Model Building Brothers and Sisters of SPAM! My brain just exploded! Thank you very much for your support. I went in again with the Detailer Brushes and madness madness madness ensued. I think I used a lot of paint in the model building sense. There is a bit of a build up around the beginning of the spiral itself; but that part was driving me crazy anyway. Now to have the patience to let this dry for 48 hours before a clear coat. ARRGH.

:bag:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I’ll be sending my spinners to you, Spinner Man! That looks good...and, it is all madness if you ponder too muscly.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”