Do 335 1/48 Monogram

"Fighters of the Reich," which will include ALL aircraft served and designed (missed production, aka Luft 46) of the Luftwaffe during WWII.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Do 335 1/48 Monogram

Post by LyleW »

Thanks for the encouragement and tips. I figure the glossy finish isn't all bad - like you said, decaling will have one less step. I think I may have to hit it again with the rlm 65...don't want to, but! I like how it looks with some of the panel lines peeking through, but not all, I guess. So much to remember...paint goes in cup, don't shake the a/b, turn on the compressor, turn the little knobby thing. press the "pssssttt-er" thing...I need a drink. Where is my tea?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I guess I need to ramp up my efforts since this build ends in 30 days? Really don't stress out too much. It is after all a fun hobby, right?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Just bought some Montex masks for the Do-335. Of course, it could be the DoH for me. I can be a ham-handed McGoon more often than not. Tried using post-it notes to mask on one - hit them with the airbrush, looked like a windy fall day with all the things flying in the air. I am a "Joe Bltxfflk" from Lil' Abner at the bench.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

It was the canopy and a few other things. For now, only interested in the canopy masking. If that makes it easier, I could be doomed to buying those things forever. Also bought a set with markings for the three F7F 2N/3N I just got off ebay. more on that later.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks! The clear parts are already "Futurinated" uh, that didn't come out quite right. . . had Future applied. I figure it will be a bit tedious, but so is masking them with the hands of doom.

Return to “Fighters of the Reich GB”