Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -2nd Completed

Stikpusher

Re: Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds

Post by Stikpusher »

I've been doing some more seam clean up on the Sabre. I either built this thing in a rush, was sipping bourbon at my work bench, or some combination of the two when I did the main build work... :hmm: Anyways I just have one area left to touch up before finishing up the paint work.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:scream: I frikking hate Photobucket!!!! I swear trying to get that stinking site to interact where I can easily post pics here is beyond possibility for more than one photo...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

After seam clean up with gel CA and any lost panel lines recribed

and then a base primer coat of Testors square bottle Flat Aluminum

and tomorrow I plan to begin on the panel colors top coat...

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Stikpusher wrote::scream: I frikking hate Photobucket!!!! I swear trying to get that stinking site to interact where I can easily post pics here is beyond possibility for more than one photo...
They had some technical issues at the weekend to add to the usual frustration. But stll, everything seems to work as advertised now. No red X's.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

No but for some reason, navigating their site with my laptop is a horrible experience. I swear it takes a minute or two for each individual photo page to load. Of course the multiple adds load immediately, but the photo that I want and links are the last thing to appear. The interface between them and my laptop is pure crap. :poo: Of course you can go " add free" for a fee, but.... no thanks. Working via my iPad is slightly less time consuming. But it has new challenges there.

Last night I did end up copying and moving all my F-86 WIP photos from 2011/2012 off my old account to my new account. At least that account can be accessed via the phone app and offers far less speed bumps via phone posting. :headslap:

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Stikpusher wrote:No but for some reason, navigating their site with my laptop is a horrible experience. I swear it takes a minute or two for each individual photo page to load. Of course the multiple adds load immediately, but the photo that I want and links are the last thing to appear. The interface between them and my laptop is pure crap. :poo: Of course you can go " add free" for a fee, but.... no thanks. Working via my iPad is slightly less time consuming. But it has new challenges there.

Last night I did end up copying and moving all my F-86 WIP photos from 2011/2012 off my old account to my new account. At least that account can be accessed via the phone app and offers far less speed bumps via phone posting. :headslap:

I primarily use the app on my IPhone and that works pretty good. But the site is indeed a mess with a lot of pop ups.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Excellent progress so far Carlos! Keep it coming!!
Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Jeeves. I was going to get some more airbrushing done this afternoon, but we have rain today. So I will wait for the system to pass and the humidity to drop.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ok, the Quad has been neglected for the past few weeks while I tinkered with the Sabre. And had more than a few distractions thrown in on my days off... but I did make some progress this weekend... I drybrushed on a coat of gun metal over the flat black base of the .50s

And lots of masking and tinkering with the Sabre. But nothing worth taking any photos yet. That kit is still fighting me on the finish...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent job on the guns Carlos. They do look very metallic.

I hear you on the Sabre though. My C-118 is till giving me fits as well. I have the decals currently sitting in the window bleaching out the yellow. Then I'll add them to this plane.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”