Russkit 1/24 Porsche 906. No. 60. Nurburgring, 1966.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
speedgraflex

Re: Russkit 1/24 Porsche 906. No. 60. Nurburgring, 1966.

Post by speedgraflex »

Merry Christmas to my buddies Torben and Carlos, may all your days be merry and bright!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Merry Christmas to you too Bruce!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Thank you, Bruce. Merry Christmas and all the best!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Christmas! I arrived home at 7:30, gosh traffic was light tonight, and went to work on carving out new axles—basically trimming the front and rear axles to square up once the tires were assembled. Thank you for your gift of a Dremel, Carlos. Truly. A real treat! The neighbors were out, so I felt okay makin’ a wee bit o’ noise.

:giggles:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You’re quite welcome Bruce. Those Dremel tools are pretty fun to use, aren’t they? And not very loud... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

With the Dremel I truly appreciate having the precision cutter for a job like this. Besides, as much as I love humanity as a concept the reality of my neighbors is something else. They keep their dog penned up on their outdoor patio at night, which I feel is abuse. How would they like to be sleeping outside in this bone-chilling winter?

:ballbat:

RESEARCH

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, I would not classify it as abuse, but it is on the mean side. When I was a kid, my folks made our dog sleep in the garage. With the side door open so that she could go out and do her business. But she had good bedding to sleep upon. And 95% of the time, the air temps are not that bad around here. But all the dogs that I’ve had as an adult sleep wherever the please.., which is always indoors, and usually in somebody’s room... lol! It all depends upon who they favor that evening.

Those are some nice reference photos.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I used too strong a term, apologies... but I cannot see any bedding on the patio. That does not rule out that they could bring the bedding out only when the dog sleeps. Forgive me, though. If they were abusing the dog I would have reported them. I have not because the dog seems to be healthy, clean and well fed. This was a bit of a knee jerk response.

I was looking for reference to add some crisp details inside. I am going to work on the interior soon.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

No need to apologize Bruce. Dogs are wonderful creatures, and do not deserve I’ll treatment. Placement on a balcony at night does not strike me as good treatment. I can imagine that apartment life is not optimal for dogs. They need room to live, outdoors and indoors.

I’m enjoying watching what you’re doing here.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks, Carlos. Thanks for responding. I just would never want to be unfair to someone without having their side of it. Then I hear the low basso rumble of the sliding door and think, "No." Every time. I will keep an eye on this situation.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”