MENG 1/35 Sd.kfz. 173 Jagdpanther

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: MENG 1/35 Sd.kfz. 173 Jagdpanther

Post by KSaarni »

jkim wrote:Great work on the Jagdpanther! I really like what you did with the handles... makes a big difference. That Bondic pen is really useful isn't it? The more I see your work on this kit, the more I realize... I'M NOT READY FOR ARMOR!!! :lol:
Many thanks John!

And the Bondic, oh yes, it is very handy to have, also works greatly as glass on instruments, navigation lights in airplanes (mixed with any suitable transparent paint) etc. You should try, I am more than sure you would find even more uses to it than I do.

Would be nice one day, to see you jump into armor! And it does not need to be this year, but perhaps next year ? :whistle:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

Seasons greetings Kari,

I recently one this in a club raffle so I shall be looking on. I think the AK range is well thought and researched. I haven’t herd much on the Hataka stuff (well not good anyway). Great progress.

Regards,
Kent in Oz
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thanks Kent & season greetings back!

Indeed, the more I have done research (aka googling on internet) the less Hataka will be an option...

- Kari
---
On the bench:

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

And as the last update on the second last day of 2018.

A family portrait of the Hanomag and the Jagdpanther

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Those will be just fine! Next year... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

A great family portrait, Kari!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

The Jagdpanther is taking definitive shape! I have a Bondic pen and have found it very useful. Two properties stand out to me... the clarity of the glue itself and the strength of the bond.

I used it to fuse a piece from a plastic toothbrush to the tail plane of the 262 to simulate a light enclosure. The incredibly strong bond allowed me to hack, grind and sand the piece into shape while remaining solidly attached.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Looks very good, thank you sharing this picture!

Yes, I am also impressed of its very clear, transparant characteristics!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

KSaarni wrote:And as the last update on the second last day of 2018.
A family portrait of the Hanomag and the Jagdpanther

- Kari
Now that is cool – they look superb together!

One of the problems in being away is how much really decent content there is to catch up on here in SPAM, which is why I’ve decided to drop most other forums so I can spend more time concentrating on what’s on here – and this build is no exception Kari – I’ve very impressed with your work so far, the little modifications you’ve added have really helped lift the model and I really liked the simple idea of using the cocktail sticks as supports.

Great stuff indeed.

I also really love the idea that you just jumped into a car and drove to an actual model shop, actually bought the model and then started building it straight away – I haven’t done that in so long it almost feels alien these days – I find that really inspiring!

Just to add a comment in defence of Hataka paints. Although when they were first released they suffered from poor quality, they’ve really upped their game since then. They’re not the best but aren’t bad either. I can’t comment on airbrushing, but for hairy sticking I have a lot of their blue and red line sets and have not had any real problems with them. They can be quite grainy, and do suffer from airbubbles because of those blooming dropper bottles paint manufacturers insist on using, but they dry really evenly and are pretty solid. Their paint matching looks spot on to me too.

Anyway – I’ll shut up now.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Many thanks Stuart for your feedback and thoughts!

I must say, I also enjoyed the trip to my local hobby shop! In theory I could have spent only 1 minute there, "in-pay-exit", I still spent an hour.. Just walking around, looking & touching kits, the AM stuff, "chemicals", tools etc. The shop is quite big and it's literally on the French border.. the hobby shop is on the Belgium side of the street and the other side is already France, which is quite odd.. I need to park the car in France and walk over to Belgium.. :-D

https://goo.gl/maps/LmrmGtBRNfD2

I have also read many positive reviews of Hataka paints! I think, at the end of the day, it's all about how one get used to different paints. If any paint would be "bad" etc, they would not exist on the market... Especially this very tough modelling paint market!

Thanks once more Stuart for the kind words!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”