Guillows 1/24 DHC-2 Beaver

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Guillows 1/24 DHC-2 Beaver

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:
I probably did that as a youngster, Stik! May take it out in the car later. Big difference, though....we would have used balloons in the spokes for the sound. Lips catch bugs.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Spent hours trying to get a good outline of the windows so that I could cut them on the Silhouette cutter. Gave up and cut them out in about 20 min using a ruler and X-acto with a new blade. duh...…...Then decided to not use them. Oh well.

This morning, after pulling out the range and cleaning behind it (we are getting a new one on Friday....our Christmas for each other), came down and started carving out the nose pieces on the floats. Did some rough cutting on the block and my thumb.

One down and one to go...

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

And, as my dear Mama would say, "You had better quit while you are ahead!"......I'm calling the nose pieces done. Not bad for a first carving experience, I guess. They sort of look the part. Now, to get the struts installed and the floats attached to the airfame..

jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Nice! Are you going to put it on water when it's all complete?
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, John. No, it will be a hanger queen with no clothes. I do not plan on covering it. I like that "industrial" look!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Looking good, bud. When I am away I have a moment’s anxiety checking in with your projects—I know your standards are high, so there is a steep curve to completion. I am glad you added the floats, Lyle! Outstanding work.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you so much.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

They look spot on Lyle - good work!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you, Stuart. I’m happy enough with them. Hope to get the floats attached today.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now there are some true “modeling skills”!

That is superb work in creating the floats! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”