Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -2nd Completed

Stikpusher

Re: Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. I still have yet to decide on my second sidelined resurrection, and my stash choice... too many to choose from.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Thanks Mark. I still have yet to decide on my second sidelined resurrection, and my stash choice... too many to choose from.
I know that feeling!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

portman wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Thanks Mark. I still have yet to decide on my second sidelined resurrection, and my stash choice... too many to choose from.
I know that feeling!
A double edged sword my friend... it's nice to have choices, but...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'm right there with you.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

OK, so back on subject with my builds....

on the Quad .50. I finished up the last of the basic painting (aside from the charging handles, tires, and sight) and am now ready for washes and dry brushing

I painted the mounting brackets molded to the guns in the same OD 319 as the rest of the kit

and the rounds in the feed trays of the ammo cans

and I did a test shot of the Mission Model Paint OD 319 onto the bottom of the trailer to compare it to the Xtracolor OD 319

Only the small things left now... :hmm:

yeah right... :quotes:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And on the F-86, a coat of MM Acrylic Aluminum...

And then I shot on a coat of Mission Model OD 319 onto the drop tanks....

I like their take on the shade... a good hint of brown in there :hmm:

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Looking good! :beau:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Borg.

Well, after roughly six years alternating as a WIP and sidelined shelf of doom, and multiple attempts at the NMF, I have finally achieved the look that I wanted for this F-86. I took of the masking tape, and had the multi tone look of bare metal that was so characteristic of the Sabre.

Although there was one snag... a little paint peel under the canopy on one side... surprisingly that was an enamel that did that. Something that I have never had happen before. I presume that it was caused by all the polishing work that I had done to strip off the old paint and I then neglected to clean the bare plastic afterwards....

More in a bit...

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So I did a little sanding and then a quick touch up....

Then I took off all but the canopy masking

So next is a clear coat to protect it all, then decals. Finally I can see light at the end of this tunnel and it is not an oncoming train.... :headslap:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

A little more touch up work today. After pouring over as many original color photos as I could find, and none being a definitive last word, I decided to go with a light gray for the front of the tail fin dielectric portion. So a quick airbrush session with Model Master Canadian Voodoo Gray did the job...

Now it's all ready for a Future coat.

FLSM

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”