Joe's Auto Garage-Coke Machine-10/25

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
mustang1989

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Updates-01/11

Post by mustang1989 »

Got the walls free standing now with nothing propping them up. The more I looked at the whole shop floor and walls , the more I felt the need to grime it up just a tad. I didn't want it nasty, just used somewhat. So I used some ground up black and a little brown pastels and rubbed in some brown to dirty it and smudged some in the window sill and framing for the dust effect. I hit the areas directly behind the work bench and on the sides of the door entrance with some rubbed in black pastel. I'll be working on the door and putting some other goodies on the walls in addition to panel close outs at the top and end edges of the walls as well.

Here's a top side view so far:

Stikpusher

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Walls Up! 01/12

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout:

Now where is that Snap On Tools calendar... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Carlos and I actually do have a couple of calendars but I won't be using those. I have some other things that you'll like :wink:
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

I wish my floors looked this good! Unfortunately some childish person has mine covered in small burn out patches......
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Somebody git a rope!!!!!!!!!!!! :ballbat:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Walls are bare, brah... :giggles: You need to be adding some automotive advertisement signs like Gulf, Standard Oil or the like.
Looking good...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

lol. No worries Tom as I've already got that base covered. :wink:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok folks. I've been rackin' my brain trying to figure out two of my problems with this build. First off , the floor was just too dang clean. :hmm: I tried dirtying up the paper based flooring with ground up brown and black pastel rubbed into the flooring but it wasn't enough. As you all know, it would just rub off. Then my thoughts turned to some 1000 grit sandpaper. . Now that............might just work. So I started on the first two rows of tile and lo and behold.........it was just what I wanted!! :yahoo:

You can see the difference between the first two rows and the rest of the flooring in the following photo:

So I sanded the whole floor and put some more "dirt and grime" on the walls:

This is also going to be an "inside" display with the only outside reference being seen through the window in the back of the shop so I had to put terminating ends on the sides and tops of the walls. I was at odds on how to accomplish that until this morning. I grabbed some black Evergreen styrene sheets that I had and started measuring, cutting and gluing.

Before:

and after (I'll be installing a door to hide the doorway wall innards):

Work will resume on Sunday when I get back from Houston. Stay tuned.........................................
Stikpusher

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Progress-01/19

Post by Stikpusher »

This is coming together so well! :popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Handiabled
Master Member

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Progress-01/19

Post by Handiabled »

Looks great Joe! Here is some dirty floor inspiration for you............ too many projects going at once

(It's a lot cleaner toward the back)

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”