Post by keavdog »

Looks great. And your photo studio and pics are outstanding
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Re: M51 Sherman WIP

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John!
It’s amazing what a simple light box and iPhone can do. That and Bruce’s helpful schooling on how to get more from your phone camera.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Which light box did you get?
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I don’t recall. It was a combined Father’s Day/Birthday gift from my youngest. I didn’t pick it out.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I just saw this thread Carlos and I am mighty impressed by your project. :shoutout: It's looking great and coming together quickly too! And you are inspiring me to get started on another steel beast; in fact, I got the kit out several nights ago and now the hull and turret are mocked up together in the living room. I might just begin work on that Tamiya M41 Bulldog today! It's such a simple (and old, as mine is dated 1973 on the sprues) that it should go together quickly and that would be a big boost for me. I plan on keeping it simple too, with no AM stuff at all, and try some new weathering techniques out on a ARVN Bulldog.

The stowage items you've added do bring a lot to the appearance of the Super Sherm. I may have to improvise a bit on the M41 for some similar stuff. Oh, and your photos do look good too! That's another longer-term goal of mine-to have an indoor light-box. I will be getting my first smart phone soon and it will be an iPhone too (saying farewell to "Lil' Flip"! :sad: ), and I would love to get results like you have Carlos! :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Gary! I’ve been working on painting the crew figures, so no changes to the tank since I got the primer on. But that will change soon.
You’re gonna love that Tamiya M41 kit, it is pure simplicity and fun. It has a couple of accuracy shortfalls, but nothing major. And a simple set of Value Gear stowage would take care of that kit and a few others if you continue your journey to the “Dark Side” of armor :wink:
And yes, a simple light box and iPhone are game changers for model photos. Although I pray that you’ll still be doing your airport photos with your aircraft builds. Those are always a treat to see.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So today I started slinging paint. I did a heavier highlights coat of Model Master Acrylic IDF Sand

I’ll let it dry overnite then do a thinner coat of the same color in the areas not covered yet. It should give a nice look…

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking sharp!
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John! It’s getting there… :hmm:

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Looks great

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”