Aoshima 1/24 MG-B Mk I - 1967

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Aoshima 1/24 MG-B Mk I - 1967

Post by KSaarni »

Thank you Joe and Bruce for your concerns and kind words!

Yes, me and my builds have lately been pretty much missing in action, which is not at all nice.. Its actually terrible, especially reading and looking all the great projects and discussions on SPAM.

The real life has kicked in with a sledgehammer, resulting in pretty much zero bench time. Also because I don't have a dedicated spot for my bench, I don't have one.

I noticed now, that the masking of the windscreen I have been working on, euhm, some months ago, has come off... probably because of the very humid weather here lately... :headslap:

Joe, how do you actually mask windscreens in your builds ? Masking tape, liquid, freehand painting or ???

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hullo!

I don’t have a dedicated work area... so I feel ya.

It’s easiest for me to sort of use a corner somewhere or walk around in an old bathrobe clutching a plastic toy and a piece of sandpaper muttering to myself at 1 am then suiting up for battle at a “bitchin man cave.” I also keep my paints, solvents, etc., buttoned up in plastic bins, not air tight or climate controlled but at least protected from spills and leaks. Honestly I find nothing sexy about looking at a paint display essentially—no offense to anyone this is just me—although sometimes I like seeing an old Testors enamel bottle...that may be nostalgia.

I do need a work surface, though and was excited about your new one! Would you do me a favor and post about this?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:
I do need a work surface, though and was excited about your new one! Would you do me a favor and post about this?
Thanks Bruce,

this cutting mat is indeed new, with a pretty special, orange color.. I was a little bit tired of the "classic" green ones, so I thought, what a heck, let's buy something else this time. And as the "local" (aka distance 101 km) hobby shop sold these new ones, I thought (in similar way as KennyX would say, "hell yes"), I ordered. It's an A2 size, have never had this big (bought also a smaller A4 size mat )

The material is not as soft as traditional green ones, at least all those greens I have had... The surface is harder, sort of more slippery also. If it's good or bad, time will tell. Made a small cut in a corner to see, how it "heals" itself.. As expected, nothing special there.

The color is perhaps the only thing that might become an issue... the eyes are not really "resting" I notice now when I stare at it... :hmm:
As said. hopefully I can test it soon!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:shoutout:

Thank you! I think the "test triplane" looks great!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I have decided your cutting board is too clean! Time to spill glue, paint and make some slices. Maybe a mobile workstation is necessary!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I agree with Bruce. A workbench and cutting board that clean is a sign of a sink mind. Time for some Styrene Therapy....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Hahhah, thank you guys!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”