Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-4 - DONE! (again) New Pics

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
wing_nut

Re: Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-4

Post by wing_nut »

Thanks Jim. Months? That's too long.

A couple of drops of red to Tamiya flat yellow and it was a perfect match to the yellow in the decal markings. Then I did the same as for the white. Sprayed the yellow, wiped some patches into it, then over sprayed with some lighted yellow. Then I did a dot fading with a pale yellow oil.

Base yellow with lightened over spray.

Dots applied and the blending.

And a composite of the before and after. This will be done to the markings decals once applied. I'll likely add a couple of dots of yeelow oil to brighten it up and add a bit more contrast.

CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

hey, nice trick!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

__woah, double post__
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

The treatment of the yellow nose was brilliant...

Does that make me a brown-nose???
wing_nut

Post by wing_nut »

Owl, Jim. Manny... thanks guys.

Manny, as long as you are enjoying yourself... who needs labels :tongue:

A quick turn around update. But it comes with a questions. On a white washed bird, how much of the stenciling went back on? I ca't imagine they would put back all the really tiny stuff like fuselage former numbers and the like. But what about "no step" (obviously the German equivalent) wing walks etc, wk No or what ever they were called for the tail. you know, that stuff..

wing_nut

Post by wing_nut »

Oh yeah. And keeping with the tradition of not paying attention on this build... The tops of the wing tips are yellow too. As in meant to be but they're not yet. :scream:

I betetr get my poop togther before I start back in on the big Tammy Cosair
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

wing_nut wrote:Owl, Jim. Manny... thanks guys.

Manny, as long as you are enjoying yourself... who needs labels :tongue:

A quick turn around update. But it comes with a questions. On a white washed bird, how much of the stenciling went back on? I ca't imagine they would put back all the really tiny stuff like fuselage former numbers and the like. But what about "no step" (obviously the German equivalent) wing walks etc, wk No or what ever they were called for the tail. you know, that stuff..

Based on my extensive and expensive research not much was reapplied or even masked when whitewash occurred in the field...when it was intended to show it was usually masked or haphazardly avoided...I'd just add the fuel triangle. For future reference it would probably be more accurate to place all stencils THEN whitewash to replicate some showing thru and/or being masked...

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”