Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-4 - DONE! (again) New Pics

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
wing_nut

Re: Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-4

Post by wing_nut »

Many thanks Manny for confirming my suspension. The idea of stencils 1st then WW should have been a forgone conclusion since I went it did out down the camo 1st. That would've of course had all he stenciling there already.
wing_nut

Re: Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-4

Post by wing_nut »

Jimmy, didn't mean to bypass you. But I have been thinking the same thing you mentioned about this build. I went into this with the idea that it was nothing more than a filer while I waited for the part for the Corsair. WHICH ARRIVED YESTERDAY...WOOHOO. This is a great kit and it deserves more than a passing interest. i am at least hoping that it gets it all out of my system before I get back to the Corsair.

The stupid part of this is there was a crap load I could have been doing on the Corsair while the part was on it's way. I think that had to do with that I didn't really know if I was even going to be able to get the part when I started the 109.
wing_nut

Re: Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-4 - DONE!

Post by wing_nut »

It's as done as I am getting it. I'll likely retake the final photos since white on a white background wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. i had to play with the pictures and they are just OK. I'll try a different camera too.

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

aah, my favorite one!

Great work, well done Wingnut!

And nothing to complain regarding the pictures

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

This is a REALLY nice build...my only critique is that I'm.o the spinner and props are too green...I find that the props look best in a lightened black and the spinner should be a black-green, which is black w a hint if green...
wing_nut

Post by wing_nut »

Thanks Kari

Manny, I cannot disagree with you.. I mixed up some black green The weathering process really brought the green to the surface. It';s not as bright as in the photos but as i said, your right, it's still too green. Last Night I had the idea of making a black filter with very thin Vallejo and build up transparent layers over the green.Worked pretty ell I think. I'll get some new pics later. Appreciate the honest feedback.
wing_nut

Re: Zvezda 1/48 Bf109F-4 - DONE! (again) New Pics

Post by wing_nut »

OK, really domne this time.... I think...

Fixed the green, added some exhaust staining and wetahered the exhust pie since they were too shiny.

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Ha, just wanted to write something about the exhausts today at noon but I thought "let him post the new pics first".
And here you are with a flawless looking wintercamo one-o-nine. I really like this one!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

wing_nut wrote:OK, really domne this time.... I think...

Fixed the green, added some exhaust staining and wetahered the exhust pie since they were too shiny.

Okay, that's more like it. It now passes Manny Inspection...

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”