Once you go...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
nathant
Advanced Member

Re: Once you go...

Post by nathant »

Yes. Or buy the aqueous paints and ditch the respirator. Just out of curiosity what airbrush were u looking at?
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, I picked some up when they replaced the Aqueous line at a local shop. They do indeed airbrush very well, but with some peculiarities. And they are not very hand brush friendly in my experience. I don't think that I will be replacing the ones I have once those are gone. They really do not have any colors that I can not find in another preferred line that I must have. Give me Humbrol enamels any day of the year ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I have bought some mr color Aqueous. I have not tried them yet. I though thet should be thinnened with acrylic thinner, what is the advantage of using laquer thinner?
ImageImageImageImageImage
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

The advantage of Mr. Color Lacquer Thinner (Yellow Label - The number only tells you the content in ml) is that you can dilute both Gunze ranges with it (Lacquer and Aqueous) plus all Tamiya paints.
I recommend Mr. Leveling thinner, it's the same stuff plus retarder.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
nathant
Advanced Member

Post by nathant »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:I have bought some mr color Aqueous. I have not tried them yet. I though thet should be thinnened with acrylic thinner, what is the advantage of using laquer thinner?
The only advantage would be a bit quicker drying time. You can do anything you want with the aqueous paints using their acrylic thinner that you can using a lacquer thinner. Jim is right though, Mr color paints make airbrushing so easy and fun, the only downside is smell and clean up.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Starting to use lacquer thinner more...when I don't knock over the can, doh. Nebver haedd a lpweroblem.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Modeling Discussion”