Just had a really good laugh.

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: Just had a really good laugh.

Post by Stikpusher »

Rex, have no worries about sharing your knowledge here. While there is a bit of tongue in cheek attitude here about accuracy and such, nobody scoffs at it in reality here. And I do know that when I have questions regarding your area of expertise, I will be hitting you up and using the advice. I do seem to notice that there are fewer of those types of questions on here though, now that you mention it.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

Stik, I tend to do it the same way that Tommy Thomason does it, meaning I post it on my pages and link to it for others to use or ignore. Specific info on the topic I will include right in a thread, with or without a link.

sort of like this

"Chemical Weapons Green was FS 34108 (with NO variations), for more info on other colors used, look here http://z15.invisionfree.com/Hangar_Deck ... owtopic=13 "

That way, anyone that really wants to know the Internationally agreed upon stripe colors for weapons can go look,,,,,,and those that don't want to know can easily ignore it.

Just like him, I go and look up stuff and post it up whenever there is a question that takes more than 5 minutes to find the answer to,,,,,and if it is likely to be seen again in another thread or forum.

Rex
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

thanks for that input, Carlos and Doc

I was just getting that feeling,,,,,,,I am glad it isn't the way things are.

Doc, you mention something that has come up before on other sites,,,,,once a guy posts info up as help, he has to realize that the asker still has the option of using it or going on without it,,,,,,without the "helper" getting his nose out of joint at the "helpee"

After all,,,,,we aren't supposed to be building each other's models by remote control.

My own pet peeve about this is when you do go to the trouble of getting it all right,,,,,,,and then, because it is not some popular "easy" to do thing, someone comes along to post how "wrong" you are,,,,,and then doesn't have the grapes to apologize for Nit Picking with inaccurate info after you post the spec, book photo, etc to back up your model.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

I love your rivets and want to count them... :lashed:
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

Haha, Jim,,,,,,,,I have even found myself right smack dab in the middle of some of them. But, then I realize that there is no point to continuing it, so I just go silent. I then go right ahead and build it according to the refs that I have. ( I have been told "you are wrong" after citing page numbers for people to look it up for themselves)

That won't happen on ARC for me anymore,,,,,,,,when we got back from the vacation, I went to log in, and even after using that "forgot your password" deal that they have, I can't log in. So, ARC is now in the same bit bucket as FSM for me.

I am content with MM and the "little sites" to post and chat in, so all is good.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

ARC rubbed me the wrong way in my short time there... There were some decent folks there, but way too many condescending ones as well. I deal with enough idiots face to face in real life. I don't need them ruining this part of my hobby escape as well.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
AIRFIXER
Advanced Member

Post by AIRFIXER »

BorgR3mc0 wrote: [...]
I have standards I want to achieve but I am not imposing them on others.
Excellent point, Borg. I agree with you 100%.
Bene iudicat qui distinguit...

Return to “Modeling Discussion”