'Easy Eight' Sherman tank Re-issue

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
AIRFIXER
Advanced Member

Re: 'Easy Eight' Sherman tank Re-issue

Post by AIRFIXER »

I traded a 32nd scale F-100D and a Dragon M51 Isherman off against a tasca "Easy Eight" and a Sherman VC Firefly last December. Impressive kits, literally screaming to be built.

My favourite tasca kit, by the way: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/139145- ... -akuyaku-1
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

JimD wrote:Asuka is Tasca and uh...we know...did you even read the thread, bro?.
No. Bro...
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

JimD wrote:Asuka is Tasca and uh...we know...did you even read the thread, bro?

And did I miss something? Youd think as awful and as ripped as that movie was in the modeling community...coupled with the rivet counter mindset...that no one would want to build a movie tank. Yet I've seen several done already and now this...

I enjoyed that movie... I certainly did not think it awful at all, especially when compared to many war movies. Yes it has it's Hollywood moments (as most every war movie does), but no worse than many "must see" war movies of the past 20 years. And I can't speak for the modeling community at large, but I do know that our AMPS chapter enjoyed it for the most part. And I think it has inspired more late war armor modeling to a certain bit...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:The Tamiya Easy Eight Sherman kit has been on my wish list for some time now. If I see one, I won't hesitate to pick one up.
What are the two types of model buyers/builders? The quick and the dead... I mean empty handed... :giggles:
You forget broke. Can't buy too many kits nowadays due to 11 year old getting braces put on in 2 weeks. Although there is always the occasional QB sneak play if I see one. :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Lol! Well I sure remember the first time that I saw a night live fire with all the stuff going full bore... It looked straight outta Star Wars with all the tracers going down range... Except tank rounds... Those reminded me of the Star Trek movies photon torpedoes... But we are talking the most serious light show that I've ever seen... All I can say is that Hollywood tries... Some come closer than others in their reach... I would have to pick and choose from various movies to get it just right as I remember those things...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:
Stikpusher wrote: What are the two types of model buyers/builders? The quick and the dead... I mean empty handed... :giggles:
You forget broke. Can't buy too many kits nowadays due to 11 year old getting braces put on in 2 weeks. Although there is always the occasional QB sneak play if I see one. :whistle:

BlackSheep - you could use some duck tape and a bit of wire.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:
Duct tape... turning "no! no! no!" into "mmm mmmm mmm" :shutup: :whistle:

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Stikpusher wrote:
LyleW wrote:
Duct tape... turning "no! no! no!" into "mmm mmmm mmm" :shutup: :whistle:
:yikes: ..If you were not already destined for Hell....you are now!!!

:giggles:
I'll have a drink ready for you!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Fermis wrote:
Stikpusher wrote: Duct tape... turning "no! no! no!" into "mmm mmmm mmm" :shutup: :whistle:
:yikes: ..If you were not already destined for Hell....you are now!!!

:giggles:
I'll have a drink ready for you!
Oh I have earned my ticket there many times over... :whistle: I'll have a gin and tonic please... those are great in hot weather climates :stirpot:

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”