1/72 Italeri He 111H-6

Post your completed aircraft here.
Mikey Ohhhhh

1/72 Italeri He 111H-6

Post by Mikey Ohhhhh »

Going through some old PB albums and came across this so figured it would be interesting to share. Believe it or not, in a past life I built nothing but 1/72! I also had a full head of hair, lol! Anyway this is the ooooold 1/72 Italeri He 111H-6. Not a bad kit for it's day, raised panel lines, sparse cockpit, etc. I believe I used a CMK cockpit set to dress it up and few other bits and pieces (supply containers from the Roden kit). This aircraft was supposed to portray one of the units taking part in the Stalingrad re-supply effort. The kit decals were awful, disintegrated when they hit the water so I used a combination of decals from the spares box. Funny when you look back at some of your earlier efforts you realize how far you've come.

Anyway thanks for looking in on my blast from the past!

Mike

Mikey Ohhhhh

Re: 1/72 Italeri He 111H-6

Post by Mikey Ohhhhh »

LaserEquippedShark wrote:NIce. I really like that scheme too. Makes me want to dust off my big boy Revell 111....I just have no idea where I'd put it.

Have you gotten around to that one yet yourself?
I've got the P and the H-6 in the stash. I'm assuming everyone will do doing BoB GB's next year to commemorate the 75th anniversary so I'm thinking I'll drag out the P for that one. I really like the KG 55 birds when they switched to night bombing and painted the undersides black and subdued the insignias.

The things is a beast though, will have to build a display case first!
Dave j

Post by Dave j »

Wow I remember that one from ARC Days! Still a fantastic job thou!
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand
Mikey Ohhhhh

Post by Mikey Ohhhhh »

Yeah the good old days at ARC! I think my entire 1/72 collection got tossed in the trash when the ex sold the house. The 1/32 projects are safe at Paul's place (for now). :lol:
Dave j

Post by Dave j »

Really? Shame your 72nd builds were awesome!
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand
Mikey Ohhhhh

Post by Mikey Ohhhhh »

I've still got a few FineMolds 109G-6's in the closet. Might throw one together for the "Fighters of the Reich" GB going on here.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mikey Ohhhhh wrote:Yeah the good old days at ARC! I think my entire 1/72 collection got tossed in the trash when the ex sold the house. The 1/32 projects are safe at Paul's place (for now). :lol:
Like I said elsewhere... I know what house is a good choice to burglarize :twisted:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Mikey Ohhhhh

Post by Mikey Ohhhhh »

Stikpusher wrote:
Mikey Ohhhhh wrote:Yeah the good old days at ARC! I think my entire 1/72 collection got tossed in the trash when the ex sold the house. The 1/32 projects are safe at Paul's place (for now). :lol:
Like I said elsewhere... I know what house is a good choice to burglarize :twisted:
Take all the Shermans, he'll never build them anyway!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I can split 'em between me and Wechsler :lol:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”