Model Mania 2015

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
mustang1989

Model Mania 2015

Post by mustang1989 »

Like Medicman I went to this show and had a great time. I brought my 10 year old son with me and at first I was nervous about bringing him because he gets really bored really quick. He surprised me be having the time of his life!!! There were some really great entries at the show and like Medicman said, there were not a whole lot of ships there. Lots of cars, planes and armor though. I ended up with two first place entries and Best in Automotive for my 30 year old 1970 Dodge Challenger re-build which was a total shock to me as there was some pretty stiff competition there in automotive.

My Tamiya Fw190 D-9

and then the Challenger

mostrich
Admin

Re: Model Mania 2015

Post by mostrich »

Wow, you brought some serious awards back home, mustang. Congratulations!

After you guys showed some of your rewards I'm feeling tempted to participate in a competition, too... :hmm:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

mostrich wrote:Wow, you brought some serious awards back home, mustang. Congratulations!

After you guys showed some of your rewards I'm feeling tempted to participate in a competition, too... :hmm:
You gotta do it! You never know, you might win. I was fixing to leave when they called my name for my award. I was shocked!!!

Congrats Mustang!! I do remember those kits. Thank God I wasn't in those classes.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Aaaaah you woulda done fine! Gonna be at the Automotive show in Houston on Aug 1st?
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

No unfortunately I have to work that day.
Mike

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Jim! Man that's what I was afraid of with my son. He gets so bored so quick..............but that stuff there just grabbed his attention. He even did a make and take build. You should enter something dude. From what I've seen here and what I saw there........you'll snag something big time!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

You definitely need to enter the contest next year Jim. We need more people in it.
Mike

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Way to go Mustang....we have quite the award winning and published group of folks! Proud to be a part.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member Recognition”