Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 12/13 (pg.19)

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 11/17 (pg.15)

Post by Stikpusher »

Well Mark, I'm glad you had a chance to look at her in person. Photos really don't show how nicely this coming along I think.

Small bit of work, but BIG progress today... literally. I glued the rear fuselage halves together.

and before I glued the halves together, I opened up the vent at the base of the vertical tail. One of the tweaks that I had read for this kit was to replace the splitter plate here as it is molded way too thick. After looking at the part I had to agree. so I removed the molded on portion, opened up the intake vent area, and will replace it with some strip styrene in the appropriate shape...

and lastly, I built the ALQ-131 ECM pod that came with the Trumpeter Weapons Set that I had bought on eBay and arrived in the mail today. The ALQ-119 pod that comes with the kit is fine for an early Weasel, just like the Shrikes and Standard ARM that come with the kit. But for the markings in the kit you either need to modify the -119 into an ALQ-184, a fairly simple conversion, or replace it with an ALQ-131, which are the two types of pods carried by the F-4G in combat in the Middle East.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 11/19 (pg.16)

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Awesome work, stik!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos I'm glad I got to see this too. Pics just don't do it justice. Such amazing work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

It looks like you have been doing your home work on this bird, Carlos. Great work my friend.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you guys! Paul, I have indeed been doing my homework on this project... OOB, this can easily build into a nice kit in short order. But with a little extra effort, this thing becomes a real star...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Right now I am just working on seam clean up. The recessed detail is so fine it is easily sanded aways during clean up...

As you can see here there is minimal clean up needed on the seam...

so I am working in a different order after my initial work on the clean up. I am using my tools to deepen existing detail, doing the sanding seam clean up, then retouching the rescribe work as needed...

I'll be nickel and diming this thru the week until the day after Thanksgiving here...

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 11/21 (pg.16)

Post by Fermis »

:popcorn:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Like Stuart says, I may not be good, but I'm slow... :giggles:

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Stikpusher wrote:Like Stuart says, I may not be good, but I'm slow... :giggles:
Kinda like..."it" might be short...but it's narrow! :giggles:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Fermis wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Like Stuart says, I may not be good, but I'm slow... :giggles:
Kinda like..."it" might be short...but it's narrow! :giggles:
Never been accused of that... :hmm: :whistle: :tease: like putting down flooring... :giggles:

FLSM

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”