In Foreign Service Rules, Guidlines, Who, Completed Builds

Aircraft, Ships, Armor, etc....not manufactured in the country of use. This will cover WW 2 to present day.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: In Foreign Service Rules, Guidlines, Who, Completed Buil

Post by Duke Maddog »

I haven't done any Group Builds here so I'm guessing this is a good one to start with. I have a Chinese made aircraft (can't remember name or designation right now) that I plan on doing in Pakistani markings. Aside form that, I also have a Recon F-4 Phantom in West German markings to do as well. I might even start both of these for this Group Build.

Give me a few weeks to get the bench cleared of some current projects; then I can start this.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:I haven't done any Group Builds here so I'm guessing this is a good one to start with. I have a Chinese made aircraft (can't remember name or designation right now) that I plan on doing in Pakistani markings. Aside form that, I also have a Recon F-4 Phantom in West German markings to do as well. I might even start both of these for this Group Build.

Give me a few weeks to get the bench cleared of some current projects; then I can start this.
I'll add you and put you down for "I'll find something"
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:I'll jump over the fray when I exit the modeling doldrums that I'm in right now. I just cant seem to get the mojo going right now... :Beaver:
Kittens are ok... they grow into good hunters... bunnies... well they taste like chicken... :hmm:
Would it make you feel better to go and tase somebody? Surely, there is a perp that needs it. Find something simple and jump in. That was the advice to me - get started on something.
The people I want to take out my frustration on all work with me... although there are a few locals in my patrol area whose demise would put a smile on my face... :ballbat:

On my ride this morning I was going thru kits in my stash that would work. I have plenty that qualify. The trick will be to keep it simple and not give in to the over riding urge that I always get to improve things. :headslap:

Put me down to be decided and I will figure something out... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Stikpusher wrote:
scorpiomikey wrote:

Squadron codes are ok, theyre the smaller type, im wondering about the serial number more than anything. I remember seeing a list ages ago that had the heights and widths of all the letter and number markings used on spitfires, but i cant for the life of me remember where i saw it.
The serial numbers/letters were a standard size and format. But they were also somewhat confusing- for counter intelligence purposes I suppose. The letter combo prefixes jumped around, and the numbers while sequential, seemed to never start somewhere easy like 001 and end at a logical point before switching. If you are looking for decals, try Xtradecals, they make a comprehensive set of those in most scales.
Are you looking for a specific aircraft & unit?
N3277 Mk.1 Spitfire AZ-H Of 234 Sqn captured in Cherbourg France. Ive found a decal set on hannants, then i got a little click happy. Havent clicked purchase yet, but im cart is up to $120 :sad:
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hi Lyle,

If I do an un-started Tamiya 1/72 P-47D 'Razorback' in RAF SEAC markings, can I start the build off with an Airfix 1/72 P-40B Tomahawk mk.I in 112 sqn Markings. The P-40 is slightly started (wings glued, fuselage glued, but not wings to fuse as I'm still working on the cockpit)? That way I can kick a build off next week rather than November.

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

portman wrote:Hi Lyle,

If I do an un-started Tamiya 1/72 P-47D 'Razorback' in RAF SEAC markings, can I start the build off with an Airfix 1/72 P-40B Tomahawk mk.I in 112 sqn Markings. The P-40 is slightly started (wings glued, fuselage glued, but not wings to fuse as I'm still working on the cockpit)? That way I can kick a build off next week rather than November.

Cheers

Stuart
You most certainly can. My idea of a group build isn't a contest (can only be so far along, etc.)...Never understood that. The more the merrier!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Oh man. Havent been here for a few days and you really got this thing started?! Great!

I hope its okay if I have nothing to offer for the GB (mayber later?!), just wanted to say:

Keep this going! You rock!

:dancing:

Good luck to all participants.
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

tigrazor wrote:Oh man. Havent been here for a few days and you really got this thing started?! Great!

I hope its okay if I have nothing to offer for the GB (mayber later?!), just wanted to say:

Keep this going! You rock!

:dancing:

Good luck to all participants.
Thanks, Lucas! So far so good. Jump in anytime and we could use a few more builds.
gino b2
Advanced Member

Post by gino b2 »

hi lyle,
could I join in ?
I would like to do a 1/72 airfix fw 190A captured by the 85th fighter squadron 1943
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

gino b2 wrote:hi lyle,
could I join in ?
I would like to do a 1/72 airfix fw 190A captured by the 85th fighter squadron 1943
Absolutely! Buxton was a city featured a lot on "North Woods Law" last night.

Return to “In Foreign Service”