In Foreign Service Rules, Guidlines, Who, Completed Builds

Aircraft, Ships, Armor, etc....not manufactured in the country of use. This will cover WW 2 to present day.
LyleW
Admin

In Foreign Service Rules, Guidlines, Who, Completed Builds

Post by LyleW »

In Foreign Service

Dates: October 1, 2015 to October 1, 2016

Create your own thread/topic for your build. Entries will be added here as will completed builds.

This is pretty simple. If it is not made by a country, but used by a country from WW 2 to present day, it is eligible!

There you have it. The K.I.S.S principle at its finest.

WHO IS PARTICIPATING:

JimD - TBD
Portman - most likely be a P-40B or a P-47D in RAF service, and an Airfix 1/24 Harrier
Lylew - Revell 1/32 MK5C Spitfire in US service ***DONE***
Scorpiomikey - Airfix 1:48 Mk.1a Spitfire
BorgR3mc0 - Polikarpov I -15 in Spanish service, Tupolev sb-2 or Fokker D.21 in Finnish service, MiG-17 in Polish service, us spitfire, Ryan smt in Dutch service.
Duke Maddog - I'll find something
Stikpusher - TBD
gino b2 - 1/72 airfix fw 190A captured by the 85th fighter squadron 1943
jelliot523 - Mig 21F-13 in USAF service
59North - 1/72 Tamiya P-51 in Canadian colors
Paul - Waiting to see what shows up at Christmas.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: In Foreign Service Rules, Guidlines, Who, Completed Buil

Post by Stuart »

I'm up for this (might be in a month or two) - it'll most likely be a P-40B or a P-47D in RAF service.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

How far along can the build be to enter?
I might enter with a Luftwaffe spitfire.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

scorpiomikey wrote:How far along can the build be to enter?
I might enter with a Luftwaffe spitfire.
whatchagot?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Ive got a 72nd and a 48 Phantom, the 72nd im doing in japanese markings, the 48 im doing in turkish "Kara Sahin" markings. Both aircraft are at basic assembly levels.
The spit is an Airfix 1:48 Mk.1a Spitfire. Which ill be doing in the capture colours (RAF markings with black cross and swastika painted over top)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I am in! I just do not know with what yet. My Komet in French markings is to far along to be eligible I presume. I have got the mayor assembly already done.

Possible candidates :
Polikarpov I -15 in Spanish service, Tupolev sb-2 or Fokker D.21 in Finish service, MiG-17 in Polish service, us spitfire, Ryan smt in Dutch service....... To much to choose from.

I will finish the Airfix and Ostfront GB's first and then join this one.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

scorpiomikey wrote:Ive got a 72nd and a 48 Phantom, the 72nd im doing in japanese markings, the 48 im doing in turkish "Kara Sahin" markings. Both aircraft are at basic assembly levels.
The spit is an Airfix 1:48 Mk.1a Spitfire. Which ill be doing in the capture colours (RAF markings with black cross and swastika painted over top)

As long as you have some work, oh halfway or so, you can use what you want. I just want to see you back at the bench! I'll register you for the Spit.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:I am in! I just do not know with what yet. My Komet in French markings is to far along to be eligible I presume. I have got the mayor assembly already done.

Possible candidates :
Polikarpov I -15 in Spanish service, Tupolev sb-2 or Fokker D.21 in Finish service, MiG-17 in Polish service, us spitfire, Ryan smt in Dutch service....... To much to choose from.

Yeah, the Komet is probably too far along. I'll list these and you can surprise us.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:I am in! I just do not know with what yet. My Komet in French markings is to far along to be eligible I presume. I have got the mayor assembly already done.

Possible candidates :

Oh Borg, it would be exciting to see you building the Fokker D.21 in Finnish service!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “In Foreign Service”