1/32 WNW Albatros D.v

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
lawman56
Advanced Member

1/32 WNW Albatros D.v

Post by lawman56 »

Like an idiot, I enjoyed my Spitfire build so much, that I decided to build another aircraft, however, I chose a biplane as the second aircraft in a decade :?

Not quite sure what was going through my head, except maybe a high pitched whistle...

Needless to say, it's been a challenge. Thankfully I was smart enough to get a WNW kit, otherwise it probably would have met it's demise long ago!

Here's where I am with it right now. Most of the hard stuff has been done, except the rigging.

I chose Otto Kissenberth's bird, as I was intrigued by not only the Edelweiss flower, but the unique use of black, mauve and green.
Last edited by lawman56 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 WNW Albatros D.v

Post by KSaarni »

Indeed a very special colored Albatros you have found.
Would be nice, if possible, to see some close-ups of the Albatros? The cockpit looks very good "from far away" .. :-)
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

Right now, the only pics of my Alby, besides that overhead shot, are a couple I took during construction. Not the greatest, but they do show some of the cockpit and engine detail. I'm off the next few days, so I'll try to take some better ones.

Here's an overhead of the basic 'pit area. You can see the seat cushion detail and the HGW seatbelts.

Basic engine view.

Side view of the engine. You can see some of the cockpit as well.

For those interested, I used the Taurus resin timing gear set on the engine, HGW photo etch and seatbelts, as well as Old Propeller resin seat, cushion, exhaust manifold and intake. Fantastic stuff. Beautifully detailed, but the Taurus stuff is very small and finicky. The valves are particular in how they are installed, so as to depict them open or closed. If there's a desire, I'll post the pics of the engine construction so you can see the amount of detail.
Joe

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks mighty nice, Joe. This should be a goodern.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Amazing! Looks great Joe !

Never really had the opportunity to see this WNW kit this detailed! No wonder they are so $$$ !
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

KSaarni wrote:... Never really had the opportunity to see this WNW kit this detailed! No wonder they are so $$$ !
Indeed these kits are more than a good bang for the money asked for! Ordered from WNW´s website the price even comprises postage around the world! As far as I know WNW is the only company so far that has reached Tamiya´s level on quality at a reasonable price.
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

I took a few more pics of my Albatros and thought I'd share them.

Here's an overhead of the cockpit. The belts are from HGW, as is all the PE. Technically the PE is made by Eduard for HGW.

An oblique frontal view with engine mounted, covers in place, and guns installed. The white specks are dust from another project. One major downfall to painting ANYTHING black.

And this is what she looks like right now. I've finished most of the upper wing, with the exception of the radiator louvres. I'm trying to use the PE first, but being very difficult to install each slat, I may mix PE with kit plastic to save time, (and sanity :shock: )

I'll post more as I can. Thanks!
Joe

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:o Some awesome work! :o
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”