2015 Austin "Capitol Classic" Awards

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
mustang1989

2015 Austin "Capitol Classic" Awards

Post by mustang1989 »

This weekend my family and I went to the Austin "Capitol Classic" and had a really good time. My wife got to find out that there are more crazy people in the world besides myself. lol . She's into her own hobbies which are mosaic and glass work and can appreciate the work that goes into builds like what were there. There weren't just a whole lot of Axis planes up there and I was surprised to see that. Usually there's a ton of 'em in 48th scale. I think there were 4 or 5 in all. Anyways here's what we took home this time...

I was happy that the Stuka actually placed second....

as for the automotive subjects? The competition was FIERCE!!! There was one guy there all the way from Mexico and his builds were just phenomenal so I was well pleased to take second in the Show Room Stock category...............

scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Re: 2015 Austin "Capitol Classic" Awards

Post by scorpiomikey »

Congratulations. Competition must have been fierce if those only got second and third.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

JimD wrote:Congrats. Well deserved of course. Glad you didn't get cheated by the judges like someone else I know. :ballbat: From what I've seen the judging was questionable.

I just wish I had been able to make it. The horrendous brush painted 1/35 Hind is something I would have loved to see in person...freaking unreal...haha
I have to see photos of that.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Congrats to you on the well deserved awards! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Congrats to you on the well deserved awards! :shoutout:
:that: - Well done mate!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks everybody! Yeah that same person was none too happy to get the results he did............from the kits that he got beat by. I couldn't pick him out of a crowd but I'll see him in SA on the 20th of February. That Hind was just a sight to see but it didn't win anything. I was just as shocked to see it brush painted though. As far as armor goes, I aint ever seen so many purdy brand new , unweathered "tracks" in all my life! lol. There were a couple of brand new 190's there too. Jim you woulda liked the 32nd scale 262! That plane was just a masterpiece in almost every way.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Wouh!

Great news!
Great builds!
Great results!

Congratulation Mustang!!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:hmm: Y’know…. (in regards to the Hind).

I don’t think it’s the fact that it’s been brush painted that’s the problem, more the quality of the painting – I’m sure if BSY or Owl had done the painting it would look a lot better.

And while ok, it’s the guys model and he can do what he wants with it, I do think he was flying a kite a bit entering it into a competition - and hopefully he'll take some thoughts away from seeing the competition (Doog's Cobra looked stunning)
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Member Recognition”