Russian ISIS air strikes

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Russian ISIS air strikes

Post by Stikpusher »

I thought that this footage was interesting...

Backfires, and Blackjacks, and Bears... Oh my!

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Russian ISIS air strikes

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Frogfoots and Flankers too....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Frogfoots and Flankers too....
And some Fencers. Pretty much the whole spectrum of modern Russkie mud movers. I love the cruise missile flyby with AAA banging away, reminds of 1991 at the "Baby Milk Factory"... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

But from other videos that I've seen, they can't hit anything even if they landed on it.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well they are hitting ISIS controlled ground... That has to count for something.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, that is so cool! Okay, now I HAVE to start my Tu-160 Blackjack bomber soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well things are going to get more interesting there now. Turkish F-16s shot down a Russian Su-24 Fencer earlier today... :hmm:

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Well things are going to get more interesting there now. Turkish F-16s shot down a Russian Su-24 Fencer earlier today... :hmm:
mmmmm just watching it on the news - first time a NATO country has shot down a Russian jet for 50 years...

what's interesting though - IF the aircraft was in Turkish airspace when it was shot down - how come one of the crew was killed by Syrian rebels and the other was picked up by the Syrian army? Either they're operating on Turkish soil or the aircraft wad shot down over Syria???

Seems to me this might have been less about defending Turkish airspace and more about their protests that the Russians were bombing the wrong rebels groups and not ISIS...

It'll be interesting to see how Putin responds...
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Supposedly the Turkish airspace is on some sort of projecting border area, not exactly a straight line area. The Turks have shown a radar trace of the violation. Reportedly the Russians ignored at least 10 warnings to leave Turkish air space before the F-16's downed the Fencer. Sort of like what happened to Flight 007 in 1983 when the Soviets blew that out of the sky... except it was an airliner and not a combat aircraft or military aircraft of any sort.
Yes the Russian reaction will be interesting, as it could provoke a NATO Article V response if they do attack Turkey in any way in retaliation. Like I said, interesting times ahead.

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

By now we know what Putin said...

Another interesting detail..

Turkey insist and keep repeating that the Russian jet was inside Turkish airsppace when it was shot down.
But US officials say the jet was in Syrian airspace when it was shot down...
And that assessment was based on a detection of the heat signature of the jet. Reuters

Interesting contradiction of statements between Turkey and USA..

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Free Discussion”