Looking For Something

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Looking For Something

Post by Fermis »

Duke Maddog wrote:I'm sorry but I haven't got one. Good luck in your search.

I am looking for burner cans for a 1/72 scale F/A-18 E Hornet from Hasegawa. I started that model almost a year ago and the only thing hat is stopping me from finishing it is the loss of one burner can.

I also have a 1/72 scale Hobby Boss F-15E Strike Eagle missing one of the burner cans as well. If I knew it would fit the Hornet I'd use the remaining one from the Eagle on it or vice versa. That don't work!
PM me your addy and a couple F-18E burner cans will mysteriously show up in your mailbox in about a week!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Done and done! Thank you ever so much!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Does anyone know of any aircraft scaled 1/900 for the U.S.S. Shangri-la, CV-38? I was hoping to create a full deck of late 1950s aircraft—Douglas A-1E Skyraiders, McDonnell F3H Demons and Grumman F11F Tigers—but I think I will need to jump to 1/700 scale (and another carrier kit from Dragon models). Does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps it is best to build straight outta the box on this one? Thanks in advance! - Bruce
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Many years ago I remember there being some small scale aircraft for US carriers around that scale, but they were (then) modern- Phantoms, Hornets, Tomcats.... But no early jets in that scale aside from what came with the carrier kits. You may want to look at Starfighter Decals site. They do some stuff for the larger scale Revell kits of that era.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks so much for the tips, Carlos! I will definitely check out the site. I was also wondering if it was possible to detail one fighter then mold a series... or just build box stock! Thanks again, mate. Cheers!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, you could clean up the kit aircraft, and then use those as masters to cast more in resin. And I will be the first to say that there are far more accessories for ship genre kits than I can even begin to say that I’m aware of.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Oh, boy. And here we go, again! Aftermarket bonanza!

:giggles:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Personally Bruce, I feel that upgrading to a 1/700 scale kit might be better and easier. You can get more detail on a 1/700 scale aircraft than you can on a 1/900 scale aircraft; those are tiny! Furthermore, there are a ton more aftermarket bonanzas for 1/700 scale kits: wooden flight decks; aftermarket P/E with everything from railings to crew doors to radar. Modifying one aircraft and casting more will work; I've known a number of shipbuilders who have done so. Just be careful as the molds can remove some of the tiny landing gear and other parts easily if not.

Good luck on your foray into the Great Wide Sea.....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks, Duke! My buddy is a both a soldier and modeler so I am reluctant to kick the ole Shangri-La to the curb without making it, but I did visit Tamiya’s site to see their “Waterline Series,” as well as peek at Tom’s Modelworks for Aftermarket joy. When you’re right, you’re right, Captain. And you are so very right here.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Glad to help Bruce.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Modeling Discussion”