MiniCraft 1/48 X5F-1

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: MiniCraft 1/48 X5F-1

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:headslap: Oooooh boy.... am I in trouble with mine. :yikes:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote::headslap: Oooooh boy.... am I in trouble with mine. :yikes:
I don't know. The fit on the "un-tampered" with was off, but not by as much. I was surprised, to say the least. Cherrylock built both of these. Perhaps he can fill us in? I may have caused some of it by sanding the cowling edges. But, may have a solution. I made one cut on the ring, added a piece of styrene to widen it out a bit. I made the cut on the inboard side at a panel line.

Before

plastic added

After. May have to "fine tune" it a little.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

one down, one to go

Does anyone else have multiple tasks where the first one goes like a charm and then .....poof?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Great save Lyle !!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks Kari. One more to go.
bubbasparksuk

Post by bubbasparksuk »

Stirling effort Lyle, she's certainly been fighting you all the way!
Ben
Wirral I.P.M.S (UK)

http://www.bensbuilds.co.uk
Muzzy

Post by Muzzy »

Nice thinking on the cowl ring Lyle. It came out looking good. Looking at the final pic you can't even tell how bad the alignment was on the unmodified part. Well done!
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I am puzzled about this ill fitting cowl ring... But, you found a clever and simple solution, Lyle! :shoutout:
There really is no trace of the plastic piece you added in! Congrats!!!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Ben, thanks. Much of it has gone with out much struggle! As with Minicraft, I think, there are minimal positioning marks and pegs, and all that. so you have to be careful. Something that I have a bad habit of not doing. I think it will be fine.

Muzzy, thank you! The insert is just where the 'scratch' is on the right side. That one is near perfect. The other side, not so much. There is a slight depression that I've filled two or three times and when sanded out, it reappears.

Thomas, I am still not sure that I did not do something to cause that fit issue. Once I camed down it was a pretty simple fix.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Has anyone seen that little bitty part that flew out of my hands? Shown actual size -------------> .

Return to “Seeing Double! The Prop Twins GB”