The Duke's Twin Prop GB Submission

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Twin Prop GB Submission

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, it took awhile, but I finally got started on my first SPAM Group Build! :shoutout:

Okay, I started a model that a friend had sent me, the Italeri 1/72 scale Me-110:

The sprues were double bagged, but everything was there:

I started with the cockpit interior, naturally:

After that, I assembled the wings and engine cowlings:

Later on, I painted the interior base color. I'll add the detail painting later:

It's not much progress, but with everything going on, it's been tough. Hopefully soon I'll get some more done soon. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: The Duke's Twin Prop GB Submission

Post by Thomas_M »

The 110 has beautiful lines. The only 1/72 one I ever build was from Matchbox about 40 years ago...

You really are fast doing this one! Looking good so far!
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thomas_M wrote:The 110 has beautiful lines. The only 1/72 one I ever build was from Matchbox about 40 years ago...

You really are fast doing this one! Looking good so far!
Great looking build Duke!

@Thomas: What a coincidence, same applies for me, only 110 ever (regardless of scale) was the Matchbox version from the 70's. I must do something about it... :-)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
bubbasparksuk

Post by bubbasparksuk »

I do love a nice Bf110, need to get mine started off soon! Good to see you on the build Duke!
Ben
Wirral I.P.M.S (UK)

http://www.bensbuilds.co.uk
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks guys! I'm slowly making some progress on this bird. I'll hopefully have more to show soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

OKay, I managed to get a little more progress done on this. To start out I painted the cockpit:

While I was painting, I added the detail inside the wheel wells:

You can see I also added the nacelles to the wings. These did not fit well at all as you can see here:

Here's one thing I did to deal with this gap. I stuck a strip of styrene inside and hit it with Tamiya Extra Thin:

Later I snipped that off and sanded it smooth. The rest of the gaps I was able to fill with Mr. Surfacer 500.

Moving on, I closed up the fuselage with the cockpit inside:

It looks pretty good in there:

Later I went and looked for the nose cone to add to the front of this, but I couldn't find it. So, I'll keep working on this in hopes that it turns up, but I'm afraid I may not finish this model for this Group Build. I may have to find another twin-prop bird to try and build.

Stay tuned, hopefully more to come.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Even in 1/72 scale thta really is a gap on the nacelle... :ballbat:
Hope the nose cone will show up soon!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Thomas! I hope that nose cone shows as well. I would really love to have this in my collection and not on the Shelf of Shame.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So far, so good. Good idea for filling that gap. :dogwag:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:Thanks Thomas! I hope that nose cone shows as well. I would really love to have this in my collection and not on the Shelf of Shame.
I prefer calling my shelf, the "Shelf of Someday..." implies some hope of finishing.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Seeing Double! The Prop Twins GB”