Meng 1/35 French Main Battle Tank AMX-30B

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Meng 1/35 French Main Battle Tank AMX-30B

Post by Thomas_M »

Very close!

I like the black / dark grey exhausts; you evaded to paint them in full rust. Well done, IMHO! Those indie tracks are plastic? Did you glue them fix after having them applied to the tank?
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Thanks for the looks and comments guys!

Thomas...

The kit came with a jig that assembles them 11 at a time and there's a top and bottom half...I used the Testors cement with brush applicator to get them somewhat assembled but then put them on while still somewhat soft to mold them around the bogies...guess that cement wasn't enough to keep them intact...
Mike
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

More pics on the AMX to assess the weathering so far...
Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking pretty good so far. But I do think that it could use more light mud spatter on the suspension. One thing I remember about that place was light mud on all roads year round... :hmm: Even on the well paved roads...

Oh yes, the Bosniak and Croat Federation (the users of the AMX-30 by the shoulder patches in the photos posted earlier) use the Latin alphabet. Only the Serbs use the Cyrillic alphabet. And they tended to stick with old JNA or Soviet made vehicles, not Western stuff.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Thanks Stik!

Yeah- there's literally no pics of markings...i was sort of fudging that...I know the AMX is in their current inventory so this is a more modern tank as opposed to one from the 90s...I actually plan on grabbing Takom's T-55 when the teaching checks start coming in again and then doing a Bosnian war tank then...

Soooo....I'll have to work out something else for markings then...
Mike
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Sooo close....just need to blend in a couple things including the front cable....
Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:clockwatch: So close there Jeeves! I'm ready for the finish... :popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

There is "something" on this tanks shape, don´t know, that makes me want to build one some day. Maybe, it is the design between a WWII tank and the more 60s style.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

If I didn't know better Mike, I'd say it was already finished. Very nice job! You rock man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

C'est finis! I really enjoyed this more than I thought- and it spawned a whole new interest in the hobby for me....I grabbed up a Leopard recently and want to get as many of these Meng MBTs as I can ;)
Mike

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”