Four Ships Launched from Maddog Manufacturing Shipyards.

Here is the place to show off your completed ship products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Four Ships Launched from Maddog Manufacturing Shipyards.

Post by Duke Maddog »

Despite having a rough month, I managed to get four ships launched from my slipways.

The first ship out for her shakedown cruise is my 1/700 scale Arleigh Burke-class USS Forrest Sherman destroyer:

Following her is another destroyer, the 1/700 scale USS Arthur Radford. She was a test bed for the proposed AEMS:

Next out is my frigate, the Uss Ingraham in 1/700 scale:

Finally, in trail is my 1/700 scale USS New York. She'll get her air wing a little later on after her shakedown cruise:

Finally, after this little flotilla had formed up, we were able to get a flyby picture taken as they all sailed into the sunrise to start their shakedown cruise:

That's all for now. I have more finished models in the Aircraft and Armor Forums as well, Feel free to check them out. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: Four Ships Launched from Maddog Manufacturing Shipyards.

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice little Task Group there! I have seen three of the four types (no more Sprue Cans :-( ) fairly close when they are moored at Seal Beach. You captured their look! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! I'm glad to hear that I captured the look. I am quite thrilled to have finished these.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I see the LPDs and Arleigh Burkes pretty regularly, and yes, you did just right there. they are impressive sleek ships to see up close. I saw the last of the Perrys right before she was de commissioned. And you nailed that one too! What other modern ships do you have going?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Nice work Duke & great "family-picture" of the 4 !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! Yeah, I had to get a shot of the whole flotilla.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nice! Sailing serenely off into the sunset on the Sea of Berber.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Lyle! Actually I mentioned them sailing into the sunrise on their way out to their shakedown cruises.

Later on, I'll get better photos of them with their air wings aboard.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Ships”