Bf-109 E3, Hobbycraft 1/48

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Bf-109 E3, Hobbycraft 1/48

Post by Stikpusher »

another of my older builds to help repopulate the forums here. Hobbycraft's 1/48 Emil 3, built straight OOB and marked with decals from Aeromaster for JG-53 during the Battle of France/Battle of Britain as flown by Oblt vonCramon.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Re: Bf-109 E3, Hobbycraft 1/48

Post by scorpiomikey »

Very nice.
Is it just me, or do the legs look a little long? I dont have alot of experience with 109's though.
How did you find the decals? Ive never worked with Aeromaster decals before.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Until you mentioned it, I had not noticed that aspect in all the time. I always thought that early 109s did have thin looking landing gear though. I personally really like Aeromaster decals. I have never had any problems with them in all my years of using them.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Nice looking Emil, you don't see a wrap-around band on the cowling very often. Also proof that a decent model can indeed be built from a Hobbycraft kit. (Wait, is this where you chime in and tell me everything was replaced by aftermarket resin??)
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LOL! :lol: No siree... this was built straight OOB, and only the decals were Aftermarket. To me, Hobbycraft is like Revell of Canada- no respect ;) But I have built plenty of their kits, and they are nice enough... with a litle extra effort they can really shine.

FLSM
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

No disrespect taken sir! I built their 1/48 Seafire, could've been a quick (if not totally accurate) OOB build - did I post that up at the old place? I'll have to re-post later. Anyway, could've been... I chopped off the nose & replaced with resin, and added some aftermarket details. I also have a Vampire in the stash I'm hoping to get to shortly.
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LOL! I know what you mean... You can build them quick OOB, and have a model that looks like the given subject aircraft, or you can trick them out a bit and have a real nice kit for a still good price. My Hobbycraft stash is pretty sizable- Hurricanes, Vampires, Hawks, Peashooter, Bearcat, 109s, La-5, Airacomet, Corsair, Ar-234, Migs.... and many more.... :twisted:
If I do jump into that 1946 GB, it will likely be with a Vampire Mk.I.

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”